Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2013 14:00

Ram Problem Inspiron 3520

For my birthday I got a Dell Inspiron 3520. I asked my uncle if he can install better ram. He did and I was able to play my games on steam for a short time in great quality until my laptop ran into a problem. It had to do something with memory management. Then my laptop starting taking alot of time to start a program and sometimes not even open it. When plays games I  only have the option to to use 1GB of ram instead of the 8GB installed through the keyboard. I don't know what to pc is taking longer shutdown and load programs as well having random error restarting the laptop. Please help!

3.1K Posts

July 22nd, 2013 14:00

Hi JohnnieAcevedo,

I would suggest you to run the Dell Diagnostics to check the hardware functionality. Power off the computer -> restart the computer, press 'F12' key on the Dell logo -> Select ‘Diagnostics’ from the boot menu.

Please share the findings.

July 22nd, 2013 15:00

I did the test and it said all systems are fine.

July 22nd, 2013 16:00

I did the test and it said all systems are fine.

July 23rd, 2013 11:00

It said something to do with MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Some of the games I play Hitman: Blood Money, Just Cause 2, Minecraft, and Cube World. All of the other games run fine these games require a bit more.

3.1K Posts

Hi JohnnieAcevedo,

Please perform the following steps.

Perform Windows Update by going to Control Panel (press Windows + X key) -> System and Security -> Windows Update -> check for updates -> Download and install the updates.

Also, perform a scan using the following steps:

-Press Windows + X key.
-Choose 'Command Prompt (Admin)'.
-On command prompt window, type SFC /SCANNOW and press Enter to initiate the scan.
-Close the command prompt window when done. Restart the computer.

3.1K Posts

Hi JohnnieAcevedo,

Thank you for the response. You've mentioned that you get random errors. Could you please share the error message? Also, share the name of few games that you are trying to play on your computer.

No Events found!