1 Copper

Random FPS Drops in Dell Vostro 1520

Greetiings everyone.

I've been using a Dell Vostro 1520 laptop with the following specs:

• Win 10 x64,
  • Intel Core 2 Duo P8600, 2.40 GHZ
  • 4 GB Ram
  • nVidia GeForce 9300M GS

Since a few months back, whenever I run on a game, it gets random FPS drops from early on -Just a few seconds from being started- not allowing me to play at all, no matter how soft the game is in graphic matters. I have tried from games like League of Legends to Dragon Ball Online, RPG maker based games, browser based games -Facebook games and such- and I always end up by having random FPS drops to 0.

All my drivers are updated, I made a clear windows instalation yesterday to be sure if there was something OS related and it seems not, even in compatibility mode my games won't run properly.

I'm now appealing to you in the following question: Does anyone have any idea on what could be going on?

Thanks for taking the time to read this and thank you in advance from the responses.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

RE: Random FPS Drops in Dell Vostro 1520

Siegfriedv,

Unfortunately, there are no Windows 10 drivers available for download for this computer. Dell did not verify Windows 10 on the Vostro 1520 laptop. Also, the Vostro 1520 laptop was designed for small businesses and not gaming. 

Product not tested for Windows 10 upgrade

Dell is not testing or developing Windows 10 drivers for this product. If you choose to upgrade, some features, applications, and connected devices may not work as expected.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?
0 Kudos