Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 15th, 2017 19:00

Realtek audio will pick up headset headphone but not mic.

I got my Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop at the start of the year all was working well until my old headset was destroyed so I bought a new one (Razer Kraken ProV2). I plugged it in, the laptop has only one plug but it seems it works as both an output and microphone jack this worked well because the Krakens initial plug is an exact fit. Anyway MaxxAudio Jack pops and lets me configure everything, I'm done everything is working fine. A week later I update the audio driver, suddenly my headset is being picked up but not my microphone instead realtek uses the internal microphone in the laptop. For a while whenever I plugged in my headset MaxxAudio would give me the option to configure it does not anymore is there anyway I can force it to pop up. Or would there be any other solution to this.

Things I've tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Realtek drivers.
  • Opening MaxxAudio going to advanced and enabling the pop-up

Currently I'm using a USB adapter to get everything working but I'm getting complaints of audio quality(the adapter was cheap its to be expected) and I would also like to use the USB port its taking up for other devices. Any solutions would be helpful.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

August 15th, 2017 22:00

Thank you for your message.

What is the version of the audio driver installed on your computer?

When you plug in the headphone is it detected under recording in sound?

Have you tried connecting another headset with mic to check if that works?

For better assistance, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag along with the registered name & email address.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 15th, 2017 22:00

When you look at the output devices from the Speaker icon on the Taskbar, does it say Speakers/Headphones?

I saw such a thing one time and that was when the incorrect Realtek was install from online and not the one I had downloaded.

6 Posts

August 15th, 2017 23:00

As far as I can tell I have the latest version installed.

When I plug in my headset under playback devices it says speakers/headphones however under recording devices it says Microphone.

I don't own another headset to try I'm afraid

6 Posts

The driver version is what I can only assume it the latest version.

When I plug in the headphones it is not detected under recording devices it is however detected under playback devices.

I don't own another headset to try plug in.

6 Posts

Currently the latest version of the audio driver as far as I'm aware.

When I plug in the headset, under playback device it says Speakers/Headphones but under recording devices it says Microphone. Both are listed as being realtek audio.

6 Posts

When looking in the task bar it says Speakers/Headphones and when I look in when selecting my  playback device it says Speakers/Headphones(Realtek Audio).

I have tried installing multiple versions of Realtek Currently I have one that I got from this link here:
http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=XVXP8

However I also have tried this link here:
www.realtek.com/.../downloadsView.aspx

However I'm not sure if this installed correctly as with certain versions of the driver when I attempted to install it they would go through the usual install process, uninstall, then it would ask to reset but when it the computer turned back on again it would sit on this loading wheel for hours I would end having to turn it of and other versions I would uninstall it would ask to reset everything would reset fine then when I opened my user I would find the installer active asking to install again.

6 Posts

August 16th, 2017 03:00

Ignore the many replies I just started using this site today and am use to my comments updating the page immediately.

No Events found!