Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 12th, 2014 10:00

Recovery Disks for inspiron Laptops

Has anybody seen a definitive document stating how I can go about either backups disks from DELL or how I can create from my machine.

I deally, I would like to have backup disks from DELL but I understand DELL is not providing these for cost reasons so my second option is to create my own but I can't see anything on my Windows 8.1 laptop about this.  My Toshiba machine had a link on my Desktop to create three DVDs but Dell machine hasn't.

I am based in the UK so if you give me any info here please make sure it is relevant to the UK market.

The machine is Inspiron 15R with 4 years extended warranty expiring in 2018 though, I expect to buy two more machines by then :emotion-1:

Thanks.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 12th, 2014 10:00

Open the Dell Backup and Recovery program.  You create recovery media using that.

Details here:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/f/4677/t/19471699.aspx

15 Posts

March 12th, 2014 16:00

OK thanks.  I have found it and I have upgraded it (Basic version) to the latest version.  I now need to find blank USB drive and/or blank DVDs.  I thought it will accept DVD-RW but alas no.

Do you know whether it will accept Dual Layer DVDs?  I have pleanty of them as I used to record TV programs but now the technology has all changed and we have set-top boxes with hard disk.

I might actually upgrade to premium version of BARA if this works for me.

Thanks for your post.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

March 12th, 2014 18:00

It's far easier to dedicate a 16G flash drive to the task.

No Events found!