Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 13th, 2015 14:00

Recovery Environment Missing -System Recovery Partition Deleted.

Hi everyone,

I'm stuck in a pretty bad situation right now and I have no idea about how to help myself..

So recently I've been wanting to 'reset' my Windows 8.1 laptop, & I just cannot because my recovery environment is missing..

First when I got this problem I thought there would be an easy-intermediate level fix like every other problem. (and I love fixing stuff.)

But this one doesn't look like an easy fix or I'm not even sure If there is a fix. So the big mistake I did was, I deleted my "System Recovery Partition".

I have searched everywhere possible and I'm not getting a fix.. I would really appreciate IF YOU GUYS HELP ME!

and another problem is that I don't live in the USA or Canada.
I've got a Dell Inspiron 15R 5521, 8GB RAM, intel i5 3317u.

and Dell provides Backup Media to only the people who live in the US and Canada. Please guys, I need a solution.

I have a separate Windows 8.1 Installation Disk, but what I'm scared about is If I install my Windows from the disk, my Dell features would be gone and I don't think I'd be able to have a proper Recovery Environment in the future because this Disk's installation files are nothing related to Dell. Its just a clean Windows installation disk I got from my friend a while ago. I've tried the repair my computer option from the disk and it does not help...

Thank you

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

March 14th, 2015 01:00

Hi ahmedrahamathulla,

Please private message us the system service tag and region you are located so that I can check the available options and assist you further. To send a private message, click on my name and send private message.

1 Message

April 23rd, 2016 19:00

Can you help me too? please, I have a similar problem, I had to reinstall Windows 10 with a restore image because I accidentally deleted the recovery partition.

Thanks.

3 Posts

May 31st, 2016 21:00

Users with such problem can create another onekey recovery partition with onekey recovery software

No Events found!