Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 30th, 2017 19:00

(Redirected) Sound wont work for games but will for everything else (Alien Ware Laptop)

Please help!

My sound won't work for any of my games i play on my alienware computer. I've checked the settings and the games volume is on and in my volume mixer, the game is unmuted but a Microsoft Register Server keeps popping up and continues to pop up in the volume mixer until i close the game. The volume works for everything else such as music, videos, and normal computer operation noises.

Please help I just want to here the conversations in the games!

2.3K Posts

April 30th, 2017 20:00

Hi chibimishi,

Please repost this in the Alienware Forum for help.

https://community.dell.com/community/alienware/forum

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

May 1st, 2017 04:00

Please help I just want to here the conversations in the games!

When you look at the Playback tab of the Windows Sound properties, if there is more than one device listed, one should be selected as the "playback device" and one as the "communication device". Then the "normal" audio you described will come through the playback device, which is usually the speakers, and the game conversation will come through the communication device, which is usually the headphones. 

If there is only one device in the list, make it the "playback device" or the "default device" and both types of audio should come through it.

Here is a screen shot of a laptop where two "Speakers" are in the list. One of them is actually the headphone jack (or external speakers) of the laptop. The other is the internal speakers.

a Microsoft Register Server keeps popping up and continues to pop up in the volume mixer until i close the game.

I don't know what that popup is for. As Sugarbear18 suggested, post on the Alienware Forum. Be sure to include the full model name of the laptop, and tell them what operating system is on it.

No Events found!