Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 21st, 2011 13:00

Reformat Dell XPS 17 - Windows 7 (2010 model)

Hey all, 

I have a Dell XPS 17 running Windows 7, which has gotten cluttered with a bunch of useless programs. Also, due to my stupidity, I installed a bunch of 64 bit programs in the 32 bit program file, essentially negating the fact that I have 8 gb of ram.

I essentially want to reformat the computer to bring it back to how I got it straight from the factory, how do I do that? I had an Acer before this and they had an "E-Recovery" program that would do exactly what I'm asking for here.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks all!

9 Legend

• 

47K Posts

June 21st, 2011 13:00

You Press F8 and do a factory restore if it came with windows 7.

What is Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0? | Dell

Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 is a backup application installed on Dell Inspiron, Studio and XPS computers as of April 22, 2009.
Unlike previous versions of Dell's system protection software, Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 is able to restore a Dell computer to the original factory-installed configuration without erasing personal files and data.
Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 is available in Basic, Pro and RAID1 versions:

Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Products
  Basic Pro RAID1
RECOVERY      
Factory Recovery
ü ü ü
Emergency File and Folder Backup
ü ü ü
Create Recovery DVD
ü ü ü
Restore a System to a Point in Time
  ü ü
BACKUP      
System Recovery Points
  ü ü
File and Folder Backup
  ü ü
Scheduling
  ü ü
ADDITIONAL FEATURES      
RAID
    ü

Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Basic is the default version available on Inspiron, Studio and XPS computers. However, customers can upgrade their configurations to the Pro or RAID1 versions when they place their orders. Additionally, customers with the Basic version can later upgrade to Pro online or via telephone.
Refer to the links below for more information on using and upgrading Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0.
Refer to the following links for additional information on Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0.

Additional Information: Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0
What is Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0? Article ID: 353560
Creating Your System Recovery Discs with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353561
Restoring Your Dell Computer to Original Factory Installation with Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353562
Creating a Backup Using Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353563
Restoring from a Backup Using DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353564
Upgrading To Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Professional Article ID: 353565
Frequently Asked Questions: Dell DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 Article ID: 353566

October 13th, 2012 06:00

I have the same problem. But i do not have any disc do reinstall windows 7. is this necesary?

Thank you.

No Events found!