Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 26th, 2016 19:00

Reg: My Laptop LCD panel replacement

I am owning one dell inspiron 7537 laptop. I had a problem with my laptop LCD(dead pixel) and it got replaced with some refurbished panel just before 2 months. after one month of replacement the screen started to show some problem (flickering / freezing) again I raised service request, this time I asked them to replace a my own lcd panel after serviced. as per the technical support they are ready to replace the part with another refurbished one. they can't replace it my original panel or new one (which I didn't ask) reasons they are saying is like my laptop is old so Dell policy not supports to replace a New Panel to it. OK no problem what I am asking is to get me the original part of my laptop after serviced. There will be no age problem / or dell policy issue. Because I know how much I cared my laptop. And I don’t want someone’s unknown parts that too after refurbished state. Get my laptop’s own part after serviced. Because as you see after fixing a refurbished part, it is not even passed at least a 6 month (most common warranty period) then how much I can blindly trust it again. This is my personal laptop. So I don’t plan to spend another big amount just after the warranty period expires.I have 14 more months remaining my warranty with Accidental cover insurance. 

Laptop Model: Inspiron 7537

12 Posts

August 28th, 2016 13:00

When I had this same issue in the past it had to do with the inverter board going bad and not the screen itself.  Problem is getting a tech to understand your issue well enough to find the actual problem.  The main issue is when the screen is replaced the board is re-seated it buys a little time where it seems to work again :/.

No Events found!