3DP
1 Nickel

Remove the Intel Inside Sticker from XPS

Jump to solution

One thing that really annoys me is the insistence of placing stickers on computers - Windows, Intel, whatever.  

Does anyone have any recommendations for removing the Intel sticker from an XPS laptop?  It's lower left of the keyboard.  I don't want to mar the rubberized surface.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Suborbital
1 Copper

RE: Remove the Intel Inside Sticker from XPS

Jump to solution

Those stickers usually catch on something and start coming off on their own after a few months of use. I would simply use my fingernail to gently pick at a corner until it lifts off. I've dealt with some older stickers that have gathered dirt and dust in the adhesive residue and a bit of rubbing alcohol is gentle enough to not leave any signs on the surface finish. I'm not too sure about the rubberized finish standing up to the alcohol for too long but a quick gentle wipe probably won't hurt. Test it out on a less-noticeable area first just to be sure.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Suborbital
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Those stickers usually catch on something and start coming off on their own after a few months of use. I would simply use my fingernail to gently pick at a corner until it lifts off. I've dealt with some older stickers that have gathered dirt and dust in the adhesive residue and a bit of rubbing alcohol is gentle enough to not leave any signs on the surface finish. I'm not too sure about the rubberized finish standing up to the alcohol for too long but a quick gentle wipe probably won't hurt. Test it out on a less-noticeable area first just to be sure.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3DP
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Picked at it for a few seconds and it came right off without any residue.   It feels much better and less like I bought it at Walmart.

0 Kudos