Highlighted
smball
Copper

Repair unsuccessful, follow-up repairs delayed multiple times, computer not working

Hello,

I first contacted Dell on October 17th because my laptop (XPS 15) was shutting down every few minutes, without warning. After performing all of the online diagnostics tests without finding any errors, they determined that I need a new motherboard. The service call was made two days later, and my motherboard was replaced. However, my laptop no longer boots properly (I must try turning it on and then off at least 5 times before it will go into the proper boot sequence to start), all but 1 of the USB ports are not working, and my speakers are not working, either. I contacted Dell immediately again to inform them of the problem and they said that they would come replace the motherboard once again. The next service call was scheduled for Wednesday, November 2nd. I made rescheduled meetings and arrangements to work from home, but received a call at 10 AM saying that the part was not in, and so they would not come to service my laptop. I was frustrated, since I had scheduled the service call many days in advance and was never told that the part was not available. Yesterday, November 8th, I received many missed calls on my phone. When I called the number back, the technician said that they had gone to my house, and when I was not home, they closed my service call. I would have to call back to create a new call. I was never informed that they would come yesterday, and I was out of town on business so I could not be home for the service call. They told me that the part had come in, and that I could reschedule the service call. I rescheduled for today (November 9th), but was just informed that the part is no longer in, and the service call will take over a week to reschedule.

I think that this is a terrible display of customer service. I have been a loyal Dell customer for 10 years, but I have no intention of purchasing a Dell laptop again. How is it that parts that I need in order for my laptop to work properly are ordered, delivered without notice, canceled, and then no longer available the following day, even though an appointment has been made? I am not impressed with the logistics. I would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience, and how upper levels of management or the complaints department can be contacted to have them fix this problem.

Kind regards,

Sheila

0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Repair unsuccessful, follow-up repairs delayed multiple times, computer not working

Thank you for your message.

We understand that your experience with us has not been great so far. However let me assure that our customers are and will always remain our priority.

The onsite technician will call and setup an appointment before coming to your place may be that was the call you missed.

Please click on the Dell username to private message us & share the service tag along with the registered name & email address, we will look into this on priority.

Dell-SreejithR
Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
To help us troubleshoot, send us via a private message: Dell PC or Monitor Service Tag number
Out of Warranty Support
Would you like to be a Dell Community Rockstar?

0 Kudos
smball
Copper

RE: Repair unsuccessful, follow-up repairs delayed multiple times, computer not working

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to me. I tried replying to you privately, but my message was erased when I tried sending it. I have been incredibly frustrated with the service that I have received in trying to repair my laptop. I had scheduled a repair for Wednesday, November 2nd, and stayed home from work to meet the technician. Mid-morning, I received a call saying that the part that they needed was not in stock, and that I would be contacted again to arrange a new repair date. On the morning of Tuesday, November 8th, a technician came to my house with the part needed, but I was not informed ahead of time. He called me and came to my house that morning, but I was out of town at a meeting. When I called him back, he said that since I was not there he had cancelled the service call. I therefore had to open a new service call so that the problem could be fixed. They told me a technician could come on Wednesday, November 9th. Again, I stayed home and waited, but was never contacted by the repair team. I contacted the service team and they told me that the part that they needed to fix my laptop was once again unavailable, and that they would not be able to fix my laptop that day.

I find the coordination and management between the teams is great need of improvement. How is it that a part that was ordered for my laptop (when I informed them of the issue in October) was not available for the agreed-upon date, then available, and not available again? Also, I was never told that a technician would come on November 8th, and cancelling the service call shows terrible lack of communication and is unfair to me since I cannot always wait at home for a technician to come fix my computer. Then, the part should have been kept until the service call could be rescheduled, so that I would not waste time waiting for a technician again on November 9th only to find out later in the day that the part that I need for my laptop is not available. Parts should be reserved for a specific client.

I have tried to reschedule a day for next week for the laptop to be fixed, but they cannot assure me that the part will be in stock, so I might have the same problem all over again (wait for the technician, receive a call (or not) that the part is not in stock, and have to reschedule).

I would like this problem to be fixed as soon as possible. I first contacted Dell in October because my laptop was shutting down often while I was working with it and using it. They came to replace my motherboard, but my computer would not start properly (it would take 30-40 minutes of retrying to get it to boot properly), and the speakers were not working. I have since noticed that only 1 of my 3 USB ports are working, and for the past 3 days the laptop will not turn on at all. I rely on my laptop to do work at home, and I cannot use it at all. I have asked for a replacement laptop temporarily, but I was also told that this would take at least 2 weeks.

Please resolve your issues internally and come to fix my laptop as soon as possible (or provide me with a new one, since there are so many issues that are appearing with it).

Kind regards,

Sheila

Ps- I will retry sending a private message with my information. Your website should also be fixed so that messages are not deleted upon sending them.

0 Kudos