Highlighted
harrisfl
1 Copper

Repeated BSOD

I have a Dell Inspiron Core i5 7559 laptop, purchased Dec 15. For the past couple of months I’ve been getting a lot of BSOD. Several times the screen has blacked out and won’t respond and I have to power off. Decided to refresh Windows 10 but first made a recovery thumb drive. Refresh failed, another blue screen. Did a Win10 install using recovery thumb drive. I have updated all drivers/programs from both Dell and Microsoft, plus the BIOS. Screen print below of event log summary. Have performed diagnostics on the Dell site, and by pressing the F12 key at boot and performing diagnostics, everything passed.

Also, recently I discovered that if I unplug the power cord from the computer when it is running it will BlueScreen and reboot, message when this happens is Kernal_Security_Check_Failure.

Needless to say I need help.

0 Kudos
5 Replies

RE: Repeated BSOD

Hi harrisfl,

I’d advise that you load defaults in the BIOS. Please follow the steps mentioned below to load the BIOS to defaults and then run the diagnostics again on the system.

1. Reboot the computer.
  2. When prompted during POST, press the <F2> key to enter the setup screen.
  3. On the System Setup screen, press the <F9> key.
  4. Press the <Enter> key on Yes to Load Optimized Defaults and restart the computer.

Also, please follow the steps mentioned below to run the diagnostics.

1. Open the link http://dell.to/14YjKb2
  2. Click on Diagnostic tab
  3. Under ‘Test a specific device or create a custom test’
  4. Select ‘Blue Screen Analyzer’.
  5. Click on ‘Test selected device’.
  6. Let me know the results.

0 Kudos
harrisfl
1 Copper

Dell Support,

Booted to BIOS and reset to defaults.

Went to link and selected Blue Screen Analyzer and results are below.

Clicked on Critical: Blue Screen Critical Error for fix and was returned to Support Page?

Recommended next steps

Critical :  Blue Screen Critical Error

We have detected BlueScreen errors on your machine. Please choose the errors listed and click the Run Blue Screen Troubleshooter button to resolve your issues.

Needs Attention :  Blue Screen Error

We have detected BlueScreen errors on your machine. Please choose the errors listed and click the Run Blue Screen Troubleshooter button to resolve your issues.

0 Kudos

Hi Harris,

Please let us know the error code or messages you received during the test so that I can check and assist you.

0 Kudos
harrisfl
1 Copper

Hi Ravi,

I clicked on recommendations and it took me back to the diagnostic page and didn't list any error msgs or fixes, tried this several times.   

0 Kudos

Hi,

The “Kernel Security Check failure” in Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 can appear for different kinds of reasons like memory issues, virus infections of the Windows 8.1 but the most common is that the drivers you were using for the previous versions of Windows are not compatible with the new Windows 8.1

0 Kudos