LeonCrew
1 Copper

Replace swelling battery in 9550 laptop

Dear Dell!

Could you help me about replace battery? Dell 9550-2341, warranty expires Aug 8, 2017.
I'm from Belarus, and called to Dell Russia with this problem, but Dell Russia can not help me in Belarus. Where can i find new battery for replacement it? If need, i can send for you the service tag of my laptop.

Battery info:

1P6KD
BATTERY, PRIMARY, 84WHR, 6C, LITHIUM, SIMPLO
0 Kudos
4 Replies

RE: Replace swelling battery in 9550 laptop

Hi LeonCrew,

Can you please Private Message me your Service Tag? I am located in the states and not sure on the process for the warranty but will be happy to take a look. Also, on a side note I will be out of the office until 8/8/17, but will try to relay what you Private Message me so hopefully someone can assist while I am away. Please make sure you send this over Private Message and do not post your Service Tag publically.

Best regards,

Brad

0 Kudos
LeonCrew
1 Copper

I sent a private message with the information of my laptop for you.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
gatmac
1 Nickel

Does anyone have advice for preserving / extending the life of the battery. I heard that laptops should remain plugged in all the time and should run off battery at least a little very day. Should we also deep cycle the battery periodically?

0 Kudos
samos1111
3 Argentium

Deep cycling reduces lifetime. If you don't need the battery usually, use the BIOS or Dell Command Power Manager option to charge it max 90% (or even less) and resume after it drops to 80%.

0 Kudos