Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

July 31st, 2017 06:00

Replace swelling battery in 9550 laptop

Dear Dell!

Could you help me about replace battery? Dell 9550-2341, warranty expires Aug 8, 2017.
I'm from Belarus, and called to Dell Russia with this problem, but Dell Russia can not help me in Belarus. Where can i find new battery for replacement it? If need, i can send for you the service tag of my laptop.

Battery info:

1P6KD
BATTERY, PRIMARY, 84WHR, 6C, LITHIUM, SIMPLO

Community Manager

• 

2.2K Posts

July 31st, 2017 14:00

Hi LeonCrew,

Can you please Private Message me your Service Tag? I am located in the states and not sure on the process for the warranty but will be happy to take a look. Also, on a side note I will be out of the office until 8/8/17, but will try to relay what you Private Message me so hopefully someone can assist while I am away. Please make sure you send this over Private Message and do not post your Service Tag publically.

Best regards,

Brad

2 Posts

July 31st, 2017 16:00

I sent a private message with the information of my laptop for you.

Thank you!

17 Posts

August 1st, 2017 12:00

Does anyone have advice for preserving / extending the life of the battery. I heard that laptops should remain plugged in all the time and should run off battery at least a little very day. Should we also deep cycle the battery periodically?

489 Posts

August 1st, 2017 14:00

Deep cycling reduces lifetime. If you don't need the battery usually, use the BIOS or Dell Command Power Manager option to charge it max 90% (or even less) and resume after it drops to 80%.

No Events found!