Highlighted
ieee488
6 Gallium

RE: Replaced Hard Drive on used Dell Latitude D630

Quikset is not absolutely necessary for the laptop to run.

Try downloading it again.

0 Kudos
CindiF
1 Nickel

ok I tried again but same message. I will try one more time and move on if isn't going to work since not necessary.

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
ieee488
6 Gallium

0 Kudos
CindiF
1 Nickel

Thanks I will try the link.
I have a question. I notice some of the items on the driver page are highlighted or shaded. Is that a clue those are the drivers essential or is that just the way the page is?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
ieee488
6 Gallium

that's to make it easier to read

0 Kudos
CindiF
1 Nickel

Thank you and appreciate your response.
The quickset file from page you gave me didn't want to cooperate either and gave an error message. Since this happened seems to make sense to move on since not required.

0 Kudos
CindiF
1 Nickel

Hello,

If I have done everything correctly I should have all drivers now on laptop except
I still don't seem to be able to locate the last one on my list for Dell Wireless Mobile.
What one(s) do I need in order to connect wirelessly that I may have missed.

Thanks

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
CindiF
1 Nickel

Hello again,

One other thing I wondered, is there any utility or anything I can run to make sure I haven't missed installing any drivers.
I believe I did all but the wireless since the laptop still isn't wanting to connect wirelessly. But it has been a bit of a daunting task for one never doing this before so want to make sure I haven't missed what is required.

Thank you

0 Kudos
ieee488
6 Gallium

None, that I know of.

Just look in the Start Menu -> Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager to see if there are any yellow exclamation points.

You should be able to use your Service Tag number located on label on bottom of your laptop to determine what your laptop's configuration is.

0 Kudos
CindiF
1 Nickel

Ok I found wireless mobile driver  and get as far as choosing wireless network but when I attempt to enter my network password, none of the text shows up?
Not sure how to remedy this. Appreciate your assistance.

0 Kudos