Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 25th, 2013 15:00

Replaced Hard Drive on used Dell Latitude D630

I replaced hard drive on Dell Latitude d639 with XP operating system.
I am preparing to download drivers on usb to add. Is there anything specific I should know in doing this other than doing them in order specified?

Thanks

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

October 26th, 2013 20:00

None, that I know of.

Just look in the Start Menu -> Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager to see if there are any yellow exclamation points.

You should be able to use your Service Tag number located on label on bottom of your laptop to determine what your laptop's configuration is.

32 Posts

Hello,

If I have done everything correctly I should have all drivers now on laptop except
I still don't seem to be able to locate the last one on my list for Dell Wireless Mobile.
What one(s) do I need in order to connect wirelessly that I may have missed.

Thanks

32 Posts

Hello again,

One other thing I wondered, is there any utility or anything I can run to make sure I haven't missed installing any drivers.
I believe I did all but the wireless since the laptop still isn't wanting to connect wirelessly. But it has been a bit of a daunting task for one never doing this before so want to make sure I haven't missed what is required.

Thank you

32 Posts

October 26th, 2013 21:00

Hi,

I realized as I'm trying to put in password, it will take the numbers but not the letters if that helps anything. Thanks

32 Posts

October 26th, 2013 21:00

Ok I found wireless mobile driver  and get as far as choosing wireless network but when I attempt to enter my network password, none of the text shows up?
Not sure how to remedy this. Appreciate your assistance.

32 Posts

October 27th, 2013 07:00

Should I post this in another forum. I read some old ones that can't post in anymore due to the age of them. Most I have find with using Intel PROSet are saying there are issues with using it on an older laptop such as the one I'm working with. There is a suggestion to disable it and let windows do the work. Not sure if that is a fix or not. The older latitude it seems won't take the alpha/numerical password as long as mine is for one thing.
Any help is appreciated it.
Thanks

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

October 27th, 2013 07:00

You should post your question on the Networking forum since it is a new problem.

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

October 27th, 2013 08:00

Hopefully, Rick over there can help you with the wireless.

I don't use it much except at free wifi places which means no password. :emotion-1:

Good luck!

32 Posts

October 27th, 2013 08:00

Thank you, I wil do that then

No Events found!