Highlighted
2 Bronze

Replaced broken screen... now I get "video - User Provided No Input For Graphics Test" error

As the subject line mentioned... i recently had to replace the screen in my Dell Precision M4800.  Now Whenever i am running Photoshop with my Wacom Cintiq tablet, the screen will freeze after a few minutes.  I updated the video driver but am still having the same problem.  I ran a diagnostic test and g everything checked out except for the "Notebook Panel" section.  there I get the error message "Video - User provided no input for graphics test"

Any idea how I can fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
10 Diamond

RE: Replaced broken screen... now I get "video - User Provided No Input For Graphics Test" error

First:  How did the initial screen fail?  Was it a drop/bump/fall?  If it was, there may be other internal damage to the system.  

Second:  The video test is interactive.  Are you not seeing the "press Y or N" when the system prompts for input?  If you are seeing it and pressing nothing, that's why the error is showing up.  If you're not seeing it:

Third:  Does the system display a setup screen when F2 is pressed at powerup, or does it stay black until windows loads?

0 Kudos