Highlighted
scorpio 77
Copper

Replacement of battery under warranty

Hi,

my battery recently reported permanent failure, it was under warranty so I contacted Dell support to request a replacement. I've provided all the necessary information and had also ran some diagnostics, the person I was in contact with was happy with all the information provided and informed me that they'll send me a replacement.

Few days later he messaged me the below. I'm not quite sure why they need my whole laptop for this, I'm not really happy to have it collected and kept by them for what I can imagine will be several days if not  weeks. Is this a normal course of action for faulty battery?

"I forgot to tell you that the warranty on the system is Collect and Return, which means we have to collect that system and have that fully diagnosed and checked through our repair team. "

Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Rhodium

RE: Replacement of battery under warranty

It depends on the system you have.  If the battery isn't user-removeable (i.e., it's inside the system rather than easily removed by sliding a latch externally),it's not a user repair and you will need to return the system to the depot for service.

0 Kudos