Highlighted
Zain.787B
1 Copper

Replacing Dell 15R 5537 Touch screen LCD with FHD non touch LCD

The laptop has vertical lines of dead pixels running across the screen and I want to get the LCD replaced. Now the non touch screen model of this laptop has a Full HD variant (1920x1080) as opposed to the standard 1366x768 WXGA HD display while the touch models only come with the WXGA HD LCDs. 

Can I replace the LCD of my touch screen model with the FHD one? I have been able to detach the digitiser from the LCD itself and have the hinges and screws so I would assume it would be a simple case of changing one LCD with the other. The replacement touch screen models all come with the digitizer and hinges attached which is not something I require so it would be easier (and cheaper!) if I only got the LCD replaced. 

Lastly, if this is possible, do I need to purchase any additional cables? If so, which one?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
9 Rhodium

RE: Replacing Dell 15R 5537 Touch screen LCD with FHD non touch LCD

You're going to need at least the FHD wiring harness:

www.parts-people.com/index.php

the screen

www.parts-people.com/index.php

and the bezel

www.ebay.com/.../302211389965

You may or may not be able to re-use the back cover/hinge assembly - usually these are different between non-touch and touch versions.

0 Kudos
Zain.787B
1 Copper

Thank you very much for your quick response, would I still be able to use the touch screen with the new screen?

0 Kudos
9 Rhodium

No.  If you want to keep it touchscreen, you must replace the entire assembly.

0 Kudos