Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 14th, 2017 04:00

Replacing a noisy fan

The fan for my Dell 7746 laptop (service tag GGCT632) has started being noisy. I am happy to replace it myself but can anyone tell me the part number? Online I see two options for the fan - with and without the heatsink. Since I have Intel graphics am I right in thinking I need one with the heatsink?
The fan passes a diagnostic and runs at 4199 - 2531 RPM with a CPU temperature of 67ºC to 48ºC during the test. The noise is irritating though and experience has taught me it's the forerunner to failure. I'd rather replace it now.
Any suggestions for a supplier in the UK?

Incidentally this laptop is 2 years 4 months old. My previous laptop, a Dell 1720 and still in use lasted 10 years before the fan needed replacing. Both machines are on 24/7

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 14th, 2017 05:00

Looks like some sell just the fan - others the assembly (it's the heatsink that's different between Intel and nVidia graphics).

www.amazon.com/.../B01NCQS9NV

3 Posts

August 14th, 2017 05:00

Apparently the one I want is a NHP25. The problem is none seem to be available in the UK and delivery of those which are available tales 10-15 days. Guess I'll just have to put up with the noise.

No Events found!