Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

R

2 Posts

October 31st, 2003 00:00

Replacing/repairing Dell aviator logo on top of Inspiron 5150

Here's one that probably has never been asked - and I'm not sure if it even belongs in this forum.

My young son scratched the aviator design (Dell logo) on the top of my Inspiron 5150 - I'm talking some nasty gouging looking scratches - handiwork with a nail. The plastic is fine - -it's just the "aviator logo" metal inlay. I'm hoping it might pry out somehow and a new one can be glued in. Is it possible for me to buy and then replace the metal inlay?

This thing seems trivial, but really annoys me - it's a major eyesore.

Thanks,

Rich

Message Edited by Richardro on 10-30-2003 09:01 PM

877 Posts

October 31st, 2003 15:00

Richardro,

I don't believe you can purchase the Dell logo for your system but I could be wrong. Contact our Spare Parts department and see if they can help you.

You can get pricing and availability information from Dell Software and Peripherals.

The Software and Peripherals department can sell components from other vendors.

While Dell does not support these items outside of the first 30 days of ownership, this site can help guide you more effectively on a peripheral purchase than another retail vendor could.

Choose your business segment.

Click on Parts for Your Dell.

Pick your system type and model or enter your service tag for suggested products for your Dell computer.

They also have hard drive, memory and peripheral upgrade options.

If you cannot find what you are looking for by the search engine, you can contact our Spare Parts department.

Spare Parts

1-800-372-3355

M - F

8 AM - 6 PM

Thank you for choosing Dell.

2 Posts

November 1st, 2003 01:00

Thanks, John. I will call the parts department.
No Events found!