Highlighted
2 Bronze

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. Event id: 129 storahci

Hi,

I have a DELL XPS 13 9343.
I have made a Clean install of Windows 10 and downloaded drivers from dell.com.
I am also running Hyper-V.
I get repeated Warnings in my System Envent Viewer saying:

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.
Source: storahci

Just Before i get these events my computer freezes for 10-20 sec. and I can´t do anything.
This is very anoying and I hope there is a fix for this?
Thanks in advance.

19 Replies
Highlighted
2 Bronze

RE: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. Event id: 129 storahci

I am also experiencing this issue on an Inspiron 7437 and have been attempting to find a solution for several months now. I have done clean installs of windows 10 as well and I have posted on the Dell forums with no response. Same exact issue except the source for me is iaStora.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Not applicable

I also had this issue. The Windows System Log showed Event 129 several times behind each other. In my case the issue was caused by two bad clusters on the hard disk. Appearantly the hardisk controller attempted to read from these clusters without result. After the defauls time-out period (HKLM\CurrentControlSet\services\Disk, parameter "TimeOutValue") of 60 seconds (may be different depending on hardware), the controller issues a reset for a new attempt. Appearantly the number of resets is also limited because I always saw 6 consecutive resets in the system log. During the HD reading attempts the system stalls because the harddisk is awaiting the read (or write) result.
The problem was solved by performing a CHKDSK /R (which may take several hours!).
Notice that CHKDSK may seem to hang because it shows no progress for a long time, in particular while repairing clusters. Please be patient because most of the time suddenly it continues after some time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Sad to hear that you also have these problems.

I hope for both of us that DELL is reading this and can come up with a sollution. I still havn´t found one.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I have tried running CHKDSK /R but no errors are found.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

I recently had a similar problem on a Lenovo Y500 that had a 1 TB HDD with a 16 GB SSD configured for caching using Intel Smart Response Technology (SRT). Same event log messages, freezes, bad clusters. I attempted to recover/repair the SSD and HDD. Sometimes errors would be reported/fixed, sometimes it would freeze, sometimes no errors reported.  The problem would always eventually re-appear. So I replaced the HDD and SSD with a single large SSD, works great.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Nice that you solved your problem Llessur.

The last thing I tried was to upgrade the firmware for my SSD. But that did not fix my problem 😞

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

This error event seems to be linked to numerous causes so really not sure if this will work. There was a fairly significant driver update to the intel HD graphics card 4400 that was released a couple days ago. Not sure if you have an intel HD graphics card, but it might be worth seeing if yours has an update as well. I haven't had freezing for the last two days after updating it, which is the longest span I've seen. I downloaded through Dell's site and not intel's, although I don't believe Dell made any manufacturer changes to the driver.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Hi Player647,

Thanks for your input. I have the latest driver installed for my Intel HD Graphics 5500. It is version 20.19.15.4300. I have the DELL XPS 13 9343. What computer are you running? Seemes to be another model.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 Bronze

Well I just had the problem again, so I guess that didn't fix it. I have an inspiron 7437 with a hdd and ssd cache drive.

0 Kudos