Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 26th, 2015 13:00

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. Event id: 129 storahci

Hi,

I have a DELL XPS 13 9343.
I have made a Clean install of Windows 10 and downloaded drivers from dell.com.
I am also running Hyper-V.
I get repeated Warnings in my System Envent Viewer saying:

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued.
Source: storahci

Just Before i get these events my computer freezes for 10-20 sec. and I can´t do anything.
This is very anoying and I hope there is a fix for this?
Thanks in advance.

6 Posts

April 10th, 2017 20:00

I tried this method and suddenly my second user account started acting like it had only just been created and was taking me through the new account setup. I tried restoring an earlier drive image I'd made right after both accounts had been created and setup just the way I wanted them, which seemed to work fine, but then a few days later (this morning) I booted up the computer, only to find BOTH accounts acting this way. I finally had to boot into the UEFI BIOS and reset the power management settings. After that, the problem disappeared, though the original Event RAID warnings returned.

123 Posts

August 8th, 2017 08:00

The "answer" by Stratosgr is useless. It is a workaround, yes, but a very bad one. It mostly will make the problem go away, but bring in 10 new problems. It might work "fine" on a desktop or laptop (which is connected to ac), but here comes the bad thing:

It will deactivate ALL important energy saving mechanism of the PCIe links and drives. Meaning terrible battery drain on a device with battery (laptop or tablet).

I have the hangs, freezes and bluescreens too on my Venue 11 Pro 7140 with Sandisk X110 ssd, same events in the logs.

When I deactivate LPM, the hangs go away, but the tablet stays warm (can feel it) in sleep mode, and has a drain of terrible high 2400mWh, resulting of 100% battery drain in just a few hours in connected standby.

I hate Dell, and how they dont care about their customers.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

August 8th, 2017 09:00

I have the hangs, freezes and bluescreens too on my Venue 11 Pro 7140 with Sandisk X110 ssd, same events in the logs

Since the storahci driver is a basic Microsoft SATA driver, have you installed the Intel driver from the download site for that system?

You might look through the Device Manager and see what is using storahci.

123 Posts

August 9th, 2017 00:00

... ... I am not a basic user, I am an IT expert. It doesnt matter if you use the MS AHCI driver or the Intel, both show the same events in the log.

My understanding is, there is a hardware design flaw with ALL Venue 11 Pro (7130, 7130, 7140), and the SSD is incompatible with the board or drivers are faulty. Can also be, there is a bug in the bios.

When the SSD goes into LPM sleep, Windows cant reach it anymore and will freeze, bluescreen, or corrupt data on the drive. This is the problem and it will show different event logs, the most common one is the 129 though.

I think I will try to get my money get, because it seems Dell wont/cant fix it. I am also sure, ALL owners of all Venue 11 Pro have this issue. Though some may not notice it much, because they use it in their Dock, or dont know, it had a bluescreen over night.

No Events found!