Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 29th, 2014 20:00

Resolution Monitor Dell 30' 3007wfp - Latitude 6420

I have the following scenario:

• Laptop: Dell Latitude E6420 i7 with Intel HD Graphics 3000
  • Monitor: 30" Dell 3007WFP (up to 2560x1600 resolution)
  • Docking Station: e-port replicator T308d
  • Adapter: Dell Display Port To DVI-D Adapter Cable DP/N 023NVR

Problem: The 30" monitor Maximum resolution available is 1280x800!!

Some of the steps taken so far:

1. The monitor only has a DVI-D Dual Link port so I'm using a DVI-D Dual link to DVI-D Dual Link cable to connect to the docking station, won't work, I read somewhere that the e-port replicator is actually DVI-D Single Link inside so won't work because the monitor needs native DVI-D Dual Link.
  2. Using the same DVI-D Dual Link to DVI-D dual link cable, but this time I add a DVI-D Dual link to Display port adapter and connect to the Display port port in the e-port replicator, still the same issue.
  3. Connect directly to the laptop using DVI-D Dual Link to HDMI cable, still the same.
  4. Also tried manually adding custom resolutions in the Intel Graphics Control Panel like 1920x1200, or using 50p Hz Refresh Rate, 30p Hz, etc. timing standard CVT or GTF or CVT-RB. When I apply those custom settings the monitor's screen goes black like if it doesn't support it so it changes back to 1280x800.
  5. All Drivers are up to date.

Question:

Let's say I can't get 2560x1600 with this Intel integrateded HD3000 card, I should be able to get at least 1920x1200. Any fix to get better resolution?

Help will be greatly appreciated! - 

4 Posts

August 26th, 2014 01:00

Any luck with this?  I'm only getting the 1280x800 too using an i7 dell laptop with HD4000 docked to a dell pro2x docking station.  I read that an "active" DP to DVI adapter is needed, but I haven't read anywhere where that actually worked, just conjecture.

I tried everything you tried to no avail as well with the exception of a DP to DVI adapter.  Same black screen when I try to push the resolution in the driver settings.  Dell support could only tell me that their systems (chipsets on the laptop MBs) are set up to only output up to 1080p through hdmi (and by extension to the docking station the DVI-D)...but that still doesn't explain the limit at 1280X800, so I'm thinking that the DVI-Ds on the docking station are indeed only single link and that when you have a passive adapter from the display port, it also can only push single link 1280x800 vs the full 2560x1600 resolution as was your experience (assuming you used a passive DP to DVI-D adapter).

August 27th, 2014 12:00

Hello SLELGAN.

win7wizard recommended me an ACTIVE Display Port to DVI-D DUAL Link adapter. I just ordered it so haven't try it. will probably get the adapter in 1 month because couldn't find it local :( will let you know once I test it or you can try it yourself, here is the link:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/p/19581471/20659441.aspx#20659441

Keep in mind that there are ACTIVE and PASSIVE Display Ports Adapters, make sure it is ACTIVE
Also this adapter is DVI-D DUAL not SINGLE link. will give it a try.

I recommend you to purchase directly from Dell to make sure you get what you order. or check in detail the Dell "part number" if you are going to buy from a Reseller because passive to single link adapter has the exact same look. Let me know if you try it before me.

1 Message

September 10th, 2014 19:00

Keep us informed if you find a solution. I have the same issue and have tried a dell DVI-D Dual Link adapter (yes it had all the prongs) and it didnt work. And I'm running a M6800 workstation with a Quadro card.  the silence from Dell here leads me to believe there is no solution.

No Events found!