Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 15th, 2012 19:00

Restore Windows 7 on my new Dell Inspiron N5050

Just got a new Dell Inspiron N5050 laptop.

Using it about 3 weeks and loving it.

Pop up window invited me to update Windows. Clicked Yes.

While  update was in progress, I accidently turned it off.

Now, It boots up, but moments afterward, it goes to Blue Screen of Death and, before I can even read the Blue Screen, it goes to Black Screen and asks how I would like to start up - Normal startup - Safe mode - Safe Mode with Prompts, etc.

So I want to restore it to an earlier time or just restore back to the beginning (factory settings).

Can I do this in one of the start up options on the Black Screen?

1 Message

October 18th, 2012 10:00

Dear sir,

After switching on my laptop, Display shows following message.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.

If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

The BIOS  in this system is not fully ACPI complaint, Please contact your system vender for an

update BIOS.

Technical Information:

***Stop:- 0X000000 A5 (0X000000X11,0X00000003,0X00000000,0X00000000)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Laptop Model No: Inspiron 15 N5050

I buy recently two months back. why this problem happened, i don't know

Please advise, how to solve my problem

I am waiting for your prompt reply

Regards,

Balaji Nutakki

46 Posts

July 15th, 2012 20:00

Hi mia_light

Welcome to the Dell community. Thank you for providing the detailed description about the issue you are facing on the system. I would recommend you to follow these steps and the problem should be fixed

• Remove the battery and the adaptor from the system and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then turn on the system

• Run the hardware diagnostic by using a combination of ‘ Fn and power button ‘ or tap the F12 key on the dell logo screen and select diagnostics option. Observe and note any error code(s) or beep code(s) during the diagnostics

• You can click on the below mentioned link(s) to know how to do a system restore and factory restore on your system. Please keep in mind that doing a factory restore on the system will delete all your personal data and information on the system

For system restore: http://dell.to/u5wUkX

For factory restore: http://dell.to/gB7c4b

Please revert for assistance

Sumer

Dell | Social Outreach Professional

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 15th, 2012 21:00

Power it down by holding the power button down for 10 seconds. When powering up tap F8 repeatedly.

The advanced boot options should display.

Select Last Known Good Configuration. See if that works. This fixes such problems quite often.

4 Posts

July 29th, 2012 19:00

Ok - Neither DELL-Sumer C's advice nor natakuc4's advice resolved the issue. When I ran the diagnostics (suggested by DELL-Sumer C), it said there are no issues detected.  

I'm not a great geek, but you tech-savvy folks might understand what I'm about to explain:

My son said the issue is when Windows 7 boots uo and then attempts to use the hard drive as virtual ram - that's where the corruption lies.  That's why running diagnostics indicates no problems - because that's not where the problem is.

According to my son, I need the restore software CD.

I didn't make one of my own when I got the lap top. I've only had it three weeks. I know, my bad. Can I get it from DELL?

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

July 30th, 2012 03:00

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

July 30th, 2012 07:00

In that case. Follow my wiki A Clean Install of Windows. It will guide you step by step through the full installation. You can use downloadable retail media and phone activation or request the Dell Reinstallation DVD. Download links and the form to request the media are in the wiki.

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

October 18th, 2012 16:00

First thing to try is last good known configuration and then a startup repair. Please see here.

1 Message

October 24th, 2012 10:00

So I want to restore it to an earlier time or just restore back to the beginning (factory settings).

July 4th, 2013 16:00

Dear sir,

After switching on my laptop, Display shows following message.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer.

If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

The BIOS  in this system is not fully ACPI complaint, Please contact your system vender for an

update BIOS.

Technical Information:

***Stop:- 0X000000 A5 (0X000000X11,0X00000003,0X00000000,0X00000000)

1 Message

November 16th, 2013 03:00

my hard disk problem please tell me the solution

The error code is

2000-0151

validation 64032

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 16th, 2013 04:00

You need a new, 2.5" 7- or 9.5 mm SATA notebook hard drive - yours has failed.

1 Message

September 14th, 2015 09:00

I recently updated to Windows 10 and it does not give me the option to repair your computer it says that windows did not load correctly please insert your windows disk and reboot I have tried but it is not working, I can not go in as safe mode, so I can save my files. I have tried going through windows 10 and reset my pc so I can Keep my files but it does not let me, I don't want to try the tab that says to remove everything until I save my files, please help thank u.

1 Message

June 16th, 2016 22:00

I did all the steps and i get this error code:200-0142 validation:42006 Msg: hard drive 0 - s/n s2tdj9bc104640 self test unsuccessful. status = 7 what do I do?? when I try to go to boot options the computer restart again

7 Technologist

• 

16K Posts

June 18th, 2016 03:00

2000-0142 means the HDD has failed and needs replaced. You should use fedora to attempt data recovery as soon as possible:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/data-recovery-using-fedora/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arX7DUWGCvM

Then you should get a SSD and clean install Windows 10 TH2:

http://dellwindowsreinstallationguide.com/download-microsoft-windows-and-office/download-microsoft-windows/download-windows-10-oem-and-retail-iso/

No Events found!