Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2013 08:00

Right Channel not working through headphones.

Recently I've been having a recurring audio issue in which right channel refuses to work when using headphones.

I've tested the headphones with other devices and the right channel works perfectly well. This lead me to believe the issue was with my laptop's settings however after ensuring left/right was balanced and testing sound with and without loudness correction I came to the conclusion it was an issue with my headphone jack so I bought a USB sound card. However when I run sound through the USB sound card I'm having the same issue, the right channel is not working correctly.

At best the sound in the right channel is very muted and faint, at worst it is completely silent.

The kicker is this problem only occurs with headphones. I tested the left and right channel with the laptops inbuilt speakers and each worked perfectly well.

I refuse to believe both headphone jacks and a brand new (literally arriving less than an hour ago) USB sound card have all fallen prey to the same issue simultaneously.

Any help would be truly appreciated. Any questions I can answer I will.

Thanks.

ParticleWorm. 

December 21st, 2013 09:00

Never mind, problem resolved

December 22nd, 2013 09:00

Hello everybody, I came up against a very difficult problem with my DELL Inspiron 15R (Inspiron 15R 5537) which I recently bought. There is a Hissing sound when listening to laptop with headphones but only on the left ear. There is no such problem with the speakers but it only appears when I activate the sound card by playing a video, music etc. When I turn off the music the hissing noise lingers on for a few seconds and then stops. I downloaded the latest drivers and I even downloaded the drivers from realetk itself. Have you got any solutions to the problem? Thank you.

2 Posts

August 18th, 2015 13:00

What was the solution? My Dell Latitude E6430 spkrs work fine (L&R) but when I play a headphone in the left jack only the LEFT works.  When I plug it into a  USB adapter, same thing...no sound in the right channel yet it works fine on another device!

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

August 21st, 2015 05:00

What was the solution?

I'm curious about this too. A usb audio device is a separate sound system from the laptop's integrated sound system so it is very odd that they both have the same symptoms. Have you tested the headphones in another device to make sure it is not the problem?.

when I play a headphone in the left jack

The diagram in the Setup Guide for the Latitude E6430 shows only one audio jack. Did you mean the jack on the left side of the laptop?

No Events found!