Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

June 25th, 2013 14:00

Rubber bumpers

One of the bumpers fell off of  the palm rest of my inspiron n7110. I called customer support and spare parts sales. After 30+ minutes on the phone, they ended up telling me they had to replace the entire palm rest when all i need is one thin piece of rubber to fix it! Any ideas what i can do to replace the piece i am looking for? 

8 Posts

June 25th, 2013 17:00

nevermind, i found them on ebay. i really wish dell was more willing to provide smaller, cheaper, parts instead of forcing their customers to buy expensive replacement parts that they don't really need.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

June 25th, 2013 15:00

Hi jguth93,

It is true that we need to replace the entire palm rest for this system; there is no separate rubber bumpers will be sent out.

8 Posts

that's the thing. i lost the bumper. i just noticed it was gone today

8 Posts

is there anything you would suggest i do to replace them or make something that functions as a bumper? other than buying an entire palm rest to replace a piece of rubber held on by weak glue.

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

Hi jguth93,

I am sorry about this, you may have to take the system and check with the local electronic shop and get strong glue and fix the rubber bumper, instead of replacing the entire palm rest.

No Events found!