Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2013 01:00

SD Reader card E5530 Windows 8

Hello,

I installed Windows 8 on my Dell E5530 laptop but the SD reader card doesn’t work.

I can’t find a driver for Windows 8 on Dell download site :emotion-6:

1.8K Posts

January 28th, 2013 03:00

Hi gbeerten,

It could be upsetting when the SD Card Reader fails to work. I suggest you to download and install the Windows 7 drivers as drivers for Windows 8 is not available. You can download the driver from the following link:
http://dell.to/YbpAQs

Follow the steps provided below to install the driver in Compatibility Mode in Windows 8:

1. Right-click the program's icon (Setup file) and choose “Properties”.
2. When the “Properties” dialog box appears, click the “Compatibility” tab and then click the “Run Compatibility Troubleshooter” button.
3. In the “Compatibility Mode” section, select the “Run This Program in Compatibility Mode For” check box and select the program's desired Windows version (Windows 7) from the drop-down list.
4. Click “OK” and then run the program again.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

5 Posts

January 30th, 2013 09:00

Hello,

I've done what you asked me but without result, SD reader is stil not working.

1.8K Posts

February 1st, 2013 10:00

Hi gbeerten,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status.

I suggest you update/install the drivers from the Device Manager. Check if Windows can download and install the drivers automatically. To open Device Manager, move the mouse to the top right corner to open the charms bar. Click on the “Search” symbol, click “Settings” and then enter “Device Manager” in the search field.

Please let me know about your findings.

5 Posts

February 1st, 2013 11:00

I tried this  already but without success, actualy I uninstalled the driver and its not possible to install the driver again. (O2Micro Flash Memory Card).

1.8K Posts

February 4th, 2013 07:00

Hi gbeerten,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. Are you getting any error message while trying to install the driver?

Please reply to this post with the requested information and if possible attach a screenshot of the error message.

1.8K Posts

February 8th, 2013 01:00

Hi gbeerten, unfortunately we have not received feedback from you on this topic. If you need continued support, please respond to my post. Other community members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread.

5 Posts

February 8th, 2013 05:00

Hi,

I only recieve this message box, if I click on run compatible mode.

Then  clicking  on"Troubleshoot program" or Try recommended settins" the program run the setup and seems to install correctly but driver still doesn' work.

1.8K Posts

February 9th, 2013 00:00

Hi gbeerten,

Thank you for your reply and for providing an update on the status. Please install the drivers again by clicking on the setup file again and let me know if the driver installs properly.

5 Posts

February 10th, 2013 11:00

Hello,

Yes, I did it already a few times without result. Also unistall and reinstalled the driver.

1.8K Posts

February 13th, 2013 01:00

Hi gbeerten,

Thank you for your reply and for providing and update on the status. I suggest you to install all the drivers in the correct order provided in the link below:
http://dell.to/X1IKGu

Please let me know about the status.

1 Message

June 4th, 2014 00:00

Hello,

I have the same problem, all the drivers have been updated, by me alone, then under Dell's online technicians control, then a technician came to change the PC board, then reinstall the drivers...

Nothing made the SD card reader work again and Windows 8.1 does not see it at all.

any idea? thanks

No Events found!