Highlighted
ionut.ro
1 Copper

(SSD) Corsair Force compatible with dell N5110

Hello support,

I have the Dell laptop in the title, it came with WD-WD3200BPVT-75ZEST0 ( 320 GB ) hard drive and i am considering upgrading the hard drive to 

(SSD) Corsair Force GT 2.5" 60GB, SATA, CSSD-F60GBGT-BK ( sata 3 )

Read 555 / write 495

Now, from what i could read so far, my laptop comes with sata 2. The corsair drive should be compatible, but in terms of speed, how much will i feel the difference? Would you advise me to change the drive or simply let the one now because of speed loss due to sata 3 SSD on sata 2 port ?

<Admin Note:service tag removed from subject per privacy policy~RK>

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
8 Xenon

Re: (SSD) Corsair Force compatible with dell N5110

SATA 3Gis half the speed of SATA 6G -- the drive should work, though.  That said, 60G is a bit small since you can have only one drive in the system.

0 Kudos
ionut.ro
1 Copper

Re: (SSD) Corsair Force compatible with dell N5110

In terms of capacity, no issue there ( i have 1 TB seagate usb 3.0 external HDD ) .

My question is, comparing the  drive to the one i already have instaled, will i notice an increase in response time?

I get this in the Windows Experience assesment :

Caution: Based on the results of the WinSAT Disk assessment, your system drive may have slower response times under some workloads. Performance results will depend on the specific applications used and the amount of memory available. If your experience is satisfactory, no action is needed.

0 Kudos