Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 6th, 2013 12:00

Screen becomes white every time when logged in

I am a user of Dell Laptop Model Vostro 1014[14 inch screen] since last two year.

it was working fine but facing problem since last 3 months  when i used to log in screen gets whiter.

i am facing problem to log in  my laptop due screen problem.

i was planning to purchase another laptop for my brother but due to this problem i have to check for other option.

please suggest how would it be resolved!

Regards

Sushil

3.1K Posts

August 6th, 2013 12:00

Hi Sushil,

This might be a possible video driver issue. I would suggest a clean re-installation of the video drivers. That is, uninstalling and re-installing the video drivers. Here are the steps:

First boot into Safe Mode. 

Power off the computer -> Restart the computer, tap F8 on Dell logo 2-3 times -> This will take you to ‘Windows Advanced Boot Options’ -> Choose ‘Safe Mode’ in the Advanced Boot menu (use ‘up’ or ‘down’ arrow keys to highlight the option, press ‘enter’ to select) -> Let Windows finish loading in Safe mode.

Now try the following steps:

• Open Device Manager (Start -- Control Panel -- Device Manager).
  • Expand the tab for Display Adapters and right click the video card.
  • From the drop down menu, select “Uninstall”.
  • Ensure to check the box “Delete driver software for this device”.
  • Restart the computer.
  • Then check for the video drivers in Control Panel -> Add or Remove programs, uninstall the driver.
  • Restart the computer
  • Now re-install the latest drivers from the following link http://dell.to/11iojrK -> type the Service tag of the computer -> select the operating system -> expand Video, download and install the driver.
  • Restart the computer and check the functionality.

Please reply with the findings.

No Events found!