Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 20th, 2009 12:00

Scroll and Zoom on touchpad don't work after upgrade...

Hi,

I recently upgraded my Studio 17 from Windows Vista Home Premium to Windows 7 Professional. Everything is working fine except for my touchpad. It functions well except for the scroll and zoom features. I use to be able to zoom in and out by gliding my finger up and down on the left side of the touchpad and scroll by doing the same on the right side.

I looked through the drivers but I didn't find anything for the touchpad. Can someone possibly point in the direction of the driver, software, or a solution?

Thanks!!

3 Posts

September 21st, 2009 16:00

Anyone?

1 Message

October 12th, 2009 16:00

I'm having the same problem - If anyone could provide an explanation/solution it would be appreciated!!!

In addition to this, I cannot figure out how to disable the symantec touchpad without doing it through the bios. This is a hassle - is there another way?

1 Message

October 18th, 2009 08:00

I was pursuing this problem several months ago, and found no help, so I figured it a lost cause. Now that I see other people are having the same problem, I'd really like to figure this out. It would seem like a shame to return the laptop because of one lost function. Can we get an expert in on this thread?

Dell Studio 1775 laptop

After re-installation of an OS, the scroll/zoom function and 'Touchpad' tab (under Mouse options) are removed.

Alps touchpad driver from Dell has no effect.

1 Message

November 22nd, 2009 12:00

I'm not sure about Studio 17. I use Studio 15 and got the same problem with the touchpad. However, after I patched the Synapsis Touchpad Driver (the latest one from Dell's website) it works fine. You may want to check the correct driver for your laptop: http://support.dell.com/support/downloads. I'm not sure if the patch can fix win 7 upgrade problem for Alps Touchpad driver as it's not mentioned in the fixes and enhancement section, but you might just want to give it a shot by downloading this driver http://www.radarsync.com/drivers/d160636-alps_pointing-device

2 Posts

March 20th, 2010 02:00

I had the same issue. I couldn't find anything on the Dell website but on Google found this from the synaptics website. http://www.uscrybe.com/ It's effectively a massively improved touchpad interface and works brilliantly with the Dell Studio laptop

2 Posts

March 20th, 2010 02:00

I forgot to mention that the drivers are also available to download from the synaptics web site as well.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

March 20th, 2010 12:00

The touchpad software can also be downloaded from Drivers & Downloads, enter your service tag number. Download the Vista drivers and install them in the compatibility mode.

Right click on the drivers file, left click properties, left click compatibility. Change the compatibility to Vista. Then right click on the drivers, left click run as administrator.

Rick 

No Events found!