There is still no version of the Embassy Trust Suite for 64 bit operating systems available.
Dear Dell support team, could you please comment on this?
Thanks a lot!
If ETS is not going to be available for 64 bit Vista in the near future, can you recommend any (free) alternatives to get my fingerprint reader working under Vista x64? The Upek drivers are indeed available for 64 bit...
As Dell is not very helpful regarding this topic, I post a solution here, which worked for me:
1) Go to the Drivers & Downloads page
2) Select one of the latest models, e.g. Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M4400
3) Select Windows Vista 64-bit
4) Under Applications, download "Dell - Driver - ControlPoint Security Manager" as well as "Dell - Application - ControlPoint Security Manager" and install them
This worked for my Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M4300, which apparently has the same fingerprint reader inside as the newer model
Finally some usefull information in this jungle of a support site..
Thanks Feuerste! I took the liberty to repost your solution with updated links.
Download and install the packages listed below, in order of appearance:
* Dell - Driver - ControlPoint Security Manager (Link to A06, Nov. 15th 08 <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed / replaced from this post by Dell>) - This is called Dell Security Device Driver Pack when installing.
* Dell - Application - ControlPoint Security Manager (Link to 184.108.40.206, Nov. 15th 08)
There should now be a shortcut to EMBASSY Security Center on your desktop. The application should cover all your needs.
If you search for the files, you will find that all three are listed under the "Application"-section, oddly enough.
An optional thing you might want to install is:
* ControlPoint System Manager (Application) (Link to A06, Nov 15th 08)