This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

G

1 Message

February 27th, 2008 21:00

Security. No Embassy trust suite download for XP 64 ??? or vista 64

Been looking for Trust suite download for XP64
Seems no dell product has the download.

Also Should there not be a Security or TPM under laptops???

4 Posts

June 29th, 2008 07:00

There is still no version of the Embassy Trust Suite for 64 bit operating systems available.

Dear Dell support team, could you please comment on this?

Thanks a lot!

If ETS is not going to be available for 64 bit Vista in the near future, can you recommend any (free) alternatives to get my fingerprint reader working under Vista x64? The Upek drivers are indeed available for 64 bit...

Thank you.

4 Posts

October 10th, 2008 00:00

As Dell is not very helpful regarding this topic, I post a solution here, which worked for me:
1) Go to the Drivers & Downloads page

2) Select one of the latest models, e.g. Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M4400

3) Select Windows Vista 64-bit

4) Under Applications, download "Dell - Driver - ControlPoint Security Manager" as well as "Dell - Application - ControlPoint Security Manager" and install them

This worked for my Dell Precision Mobile WorkStation M4300, which apparently has the same fingerprint reader inside as the newer model

41 Posts

October 10th, 2008 03:00

Both of these files seems to be the same, after downloading both, ran it and both files ask for the Dell Security Device Driver Driver Pack. I have no idea where to acquire this driver. Any help?

4 Posts

October 10th, 2008 04:00

These files are not the same. One is the driver package and the other one is the application package. You have to install the driver package first. Please also read the "Important Information" on the webpage supported with the packages.

41 Posts

October 10th, 2008 04:00

Thank you very much, I ran it and my system is not supported. I have an XPS M1330. I don't really need the fingerprint reader but would be nice to use.

1 Message

November 17th, 2008 03:00

Finally some usefull information in this jungle of a support site..

Thanks Feuerste! I took the liberty to repost your solution with updated links.

Download and install the packages listed below, in order of appearance:

* Dell - Driver - ControlPoint Security Manager (Link to A06, Nov. 15th 08  ) - This is called Dell Security Device Driver Pack when installing.
* Dell - Application - ControlPoint Security Manager ( Link to 1.1.0.0, Nov. 15th 08)

There should now be a shortcut to EMBASSY Security Center on your desktop. The application should cover all your needs.
If you search for the files, you will find that all three are listed under the "Application"-section, oddly enough.

An optional thing you might want to install is:

* ControlPoint System Manager (Application) (Link to A06, Nov 15th 08)

No Events found!