Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 27th, 2014 12:00

Serious Battery/AC adapter Issue on Dell inspiron N4050 after BIOS update to A08

Hello all,
i bought my dell laptop about two years ago. Since the time of purchase, it had been on A06 BIOS ....few days ago i wanted to install windows 8.1 pro on this laptop so i did some searching and saw that it was recommended to update my bios version to A08 before installing windows 8.1. so i updated my bios to a08 and installed windows 8.1 after that. both went very well. and i noticed no problems until i pulled of the AC cord from my laptop and it suddenly blacked out without any warning. after that, when i tried to turn my laptop on ...it turned on with the "Ac adapter not recognized" message and the power indicator blinking red and white ......so i went into BIOS settings and saw  "no ac adapter" even after loading default bios settings.

after that ....i pulled the battery off and disconnected the ac for a while. after that i plugged in the ac and put the battery in the slot and the charging indicator  turned white ....so i booted into diagnosis test and the test showed everything was okay ......then i booted into windows 8.1 and the battery said it was 100% charged ....i pulled the ac cord and *poof* same blackout ...laptop turns off without any warning ....can u guys please provide any information on how to fix this ? :(

No Responses!
No Events found!