Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 23rd, 2010 04:00

Sigmatel satc 92xx c-major audio device prob

i am using Dell XPS M1530,it came along with windows vista 32 bit drivers,But i installed windows64bit,now problem is with my audio devices....

my inbuilt mic is making interupt sound.in skype i am not able to talk..tht much interupt..plz send the solution to me...plz anybody help me as soon as possible

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 23rd, 2010 06:00

Did you test it with anything other than Skype? For example if it works okay when recording with Windows Sound Recorder, then the problem is with Skype, not the driver.

Here is a tip that was posted by forum member Shermonno1:
"If you have a XPS 1530, it has a built in mic and you "can" use an external mic but it is not needed. If your mic is working for other programs but not for Skype, then the problem lies within your Skype mic settings. This happened to me as well. Open Skype, go to Tools/Options/Audio Settings. "Uncheck" the Automatically adjust microphone box and then drag the blue volume button to the highest (or right below) the highest setting then save....You mic should work better now."

2 Posts

March 23rd, 2010 12:00

Dear frnds.thanking u all ..i checked not only in skype..as you told in windows sound recorder also..in windows sound recorder also it seems as same..even i couldnot hear my voice.only interruption noise.even with out making any noise its self in wave bar of sound recorder it is passing morethan 50%.i feel its because of driver problem.becz i tried with vista(32bit).... no problem with it.i didnt not try with external head set...all those things r happening with in built mic....

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

March 23rd, 2010 16:00

Take a look at What is the Integrated Webcam and Digital Array Microphone. At the bottom of that page there is a link to a troubleshooting wizard named "Problem with the Integrated Web Camers" Wizard ID 297119. You will be asked to submit the model name of your computer and its operating system, then you can select the type of problem you are having, which is "The microphone is not working". This wizard is a good place to start diagnosing your problem and it will walk you through all of the steps to configure the camera & mic array. It will show you how to run the Dell Diagnostics tests on the webcam to find out if the hardware has failed and where to get help if it has. It has the details of the several pieces of software to reinstall if the hardware is okay.

124 Posts

March 24th, 2010 13:00

Is "interference" the word you're going for rather than "interrupt"?  Something like a buzz or a hum?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFGGS2etTz8

No Events found!