Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2015 12:00

Sleep and Hibernate modes get my Dell Mobile Precision 7510 to get stuck

Sleep and Hibernate modes get my Dell Mobile Precision 7510 to either hang or shut down and I have to power off and on.

I have windows 10. I did enable the hibernate mode in the Power settings.

Any idea what should I do?

Thanks!

1 Message

January 5th, 2016 14:00

Similar issues with my son's 7510 (but better than Win 7).

The odd one was:

on wakeup, the built in screen was blank (but backlight on), plugging into HDMI then worked.

Also, it would work if the lid was closed and then reopened.  

He has set the lid action to 'nothing' for now.

1 Message

January 5th, 2016 18:00

same here... my 7510 keaboard and mouse lock on resume.

please help!

1 Message

January 26th, 2016 12:00

I have the exact same problems. Dell won't return the laptop and wants to fix the laptop that came like this from day one. It is now a week since and no parts in sight. Machine is sitting on my desk doing nothing.

Seeing that other people have the same problem I don't trust Dell to get this fixed. I think it is inherent to this laptop.

2 Posts

March 3rd, 2016 10:00

We are having similar experiences with four of the 7510s we recently purchased. We specifically ordered these because they would support 1 TB SSD, 32 GB memory, and 3 external displays plus the notebook display. We also purchased them with Windows 7 as this was the default and we have not become fond of Windows 10 at this point.

We found the 7510s come with all sorts of unexpected "Features"! Intermittent blue screens of death were the first surprise. The units would simply crash and reboot. We eventually tracked the cause to one of the DELL installed applications that I believe was attempting to perform some online diagnostics. Once it was uninstalled the BSOD issue went away.

Another issue is loss of audio when you have power saving features enabled such as turning off the displays after 10 minutes of idle time. We found a partial solution to that problem. There are two driver components that appear on these notebooks, Intel(R) Display Audio and Realtek High Definition Audio. We found that by disabling the Intel item our problem went away. However later on we discovered that the Intel component seems to handle audio through the HDMI port. So if you are using HDMI our solution won't work for you.

And the other issue is that when operating with multiple external display and the notebook display, the notebook display just goes blank at times. The only way to get it back is to reboot the system. Sometimes the reboot doesn't even do the trick. We haven't discovered a solution for this one yet and it's really getting to be annoying.

I get the feeling DELL rushed this model onto the market without much testing.

September 6th, 2016 12:00

Are there any updates to this post?

8 Posts

May 1st, 2017 09:00

Just want to add to this thread; my users new 7510 does the same thing.  Locked up/unusable after sleep mode.  Thanks Dell.

No Events found!