miriaml
1 Copper

Sleep mode hangs

Jump to solution

My Latitude E6410, running Windows 7 Enterprise (no service pack), freezes and needs to be rebooted when I select Sleep from the Shutdown menu or when it is scheduled to enter sleep mode (set by Power Options).   The screen goes blank, and it appears to be in sleep mode, but it is non-responsive to keyboard or mouse and will not come out of it.  I have to do a hard reboot to bring it back. 

However, the system does go into sleep mode and come out of properly when the battery gets very low and it automatically initiates sleep mode. 

I assume some software or driver is hanging up sleep mode, but  I can't isolate the source because there are no errors related to sleep mode in the System or Application event logs.  Is there a place to find errors or logs that may indicate where it is getting hung up? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
qammari143
1 Nickel

RE: Sleep mode hangs

Jump to solution

Try changing the Power Option setting for your HDD because there's a part there where HDD can turn off and that's causing this problem with your laptop. Please try and follow these steps.

www.ithemesforests.com/.../

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Sleep mode hangs

Jump to solution

Hi,

Welcome to the community

Have you recently reinstalled the Operating System? Did you install any hardware or software/update prior the issue?

Try updating BIOS, www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Download file and run, make sure the ac adapter and battery is connected. Once update runs, it will restart by itself.

Let me know of the results,

0 Kudos
miriaml
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I ran the BIOS update today.  However, that did not fix the problem.   I haven't installed many programs, but I did install a Jabra driver for a USB headset and VMWare recently.  I can't say for certain if the problem started after either of those installs, but it may have.  

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jump to solution

I see. Lets run diagnostics first, to check hardware functionality.

Restart the computer, on Dell logo, keep tapping F12. Choose diagnostics and test system. Post back for any error codes.

Let me know of the results.

0 Kudos
qammari143
1 Nickel

RE: Sleep mode hangs

Jump to solution

Try changing the Power Option setting for your HDD because there's a part there where HDD can turn off and that's causing this problem with your laptop. Please try and follow these steps.

www.ithemesforests.com/.../