Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 14th, 2017 05:00

Sleep (power option) not working properly

Hi

Recently, I had to re-install WIndows 10.

After re-installing, I noticed that SLEEP option is not working properly. Before re-installing, closing the lid used to stop all the applications and computer used to turn off. But now, the computer's power light + fan remain ON. Putting the laptop in my bag suffocates it and thereby the body of the laptop becomes quite warm.

I tried with hibernate option, no change. Even if I select Shut Down from start menu, power light + fan are still on !

• 

16.7K Posts

July 14th, 2017 08:00

Abu-Hafss,

When you reinstalled Windows did you reinstall all drivers back into the system? If not, you will need to get the drivers loaded. You can also go int the setting  and choose Power and Sleep. Here you can set the computer to sleep or hibernate. You can also click the Advanced settings from this area as well and set the computer to sleep or hibernate.

You can click the link below to choose your computer and installed OS to download and install the drivers if needed.

Support.Dell.com

11 Posts

July 17th, 2017 08:00

Hi Jesse

Yes, I had install all the drivers available with me on my laptop.

And I also updated them from the link you provided, but the issue is still there.

11 Posts

July 21st, 2017 05:00

Moreover after Hibernate, Sleep or Shut down the laptop when I need to switch ON, I cannot.

All I have to do is to press & hold the power button until the power LED goes off and then re-press to restart the PC.

11 Posts

September 1st, 2017 12:00

No feedback from DELL ????

No solution to my problem ?

Do I have to bear this forever?

11 Posts

September 1st, 2017 20:00

Earlier the welcome screen used to change automatically but now I am fed up of the same screen.

No Events found!