Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 31st, 2010 20:00

Soft Key not working

I love my dell studio laptop 1737. I don't know what is going on but suddenly, the soft key above the keyboard is no longer working. When I touch it, it will light but t when I touch to maximize or minimize the volume, the volume meter that will show up in my screen will no longer show up either. Please tell me what I have to do. Thank you..............................Jane

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 1st, 2010 06:00

I'm not sure but it might have to do with Dell Quickset. Look on the taskbar and see if you have the Dell Quickset icon there. It's in the shape of a blue Q with a yellow tail sticking out of it. Click the icon (on some versions you must right click it) and uncheck 'disable onscreen volume meter.'

If the icon is missing look under Start/All Programs (that is the path for XP -- don't know the path for Win7) and see if you have the Dell Quickset program. Follow the arrow to the word 'Quickset' and click on it and the 'Q' icon should appear on the taskbar.

If you don't have the Quickset program you can download it from the Studio 1735 downloads page under 'Applications'

2 Posts

September 5th, 2010 19:00

I did what you said but it is still the same. I send an email to dell technical support but their email came back .

No Events found!