Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 6th, 2016 07:00

Solution to Docking Station WIFI disconnect, Video output problems, etc...

Here is the solution for constant disconnect, Video blanking, and few other problems using Dock Station:

Go to the properties of the WIFI, "Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections", Right click on the WI-FI adapter, Properties,  Configure,  advanced, Power output. Change it from 100% to 75%. If you wish to use external monitor attached to the docking station, you will have to change it to 50%. The only problem now with the 50% is that the WIFI will no longer switch off automatically. Closing the lid also affects this, so you may have to play with this setting.

Palo B

63 Posts

June 19th, 2016 07:00

As I noted earlier, this solution worked for me.  75% wifi seemed to stop conflicts with Ethernet. 

However, on this thread or another I saw where someone ordered and installed the Intel 8260 wifi card which worked well and increased their wifi range to boot. 

I ordered an intel wife card too . . . and have now had no problems at all.  Easy to replace the Broadcom card (which many don't seem to happy with).   I use a WD15 but am pretty confident that using an Intel wifi card clears up one set of problems . . . and may clear up more.

I disconnected my Ethernet, turned off wifi in Windows 10 settings. Already had the Intel 8260 driver package downloaded on desktop.

Then uninstalled the Broadcom wifi driver.  Then turned off the machine and switched the wifi cards out.

Rebooted, installed the Intel drivers and worked liked a charm.   One note . . . I forgot to uninstall the Bluetooth software so I had Bluetooth conflicts for about 5 minutes before I realized and uninstall the old Bluetooth drivers.   Did that, rebooted, then the Intel Bluetooth drivers kicked in.  No conflicts.  No problems all for about $26.  Not one wifi conflict using the Dock with both Ethernet and wifi on and enabled at the same time.  Unplug Ethernet and goes to wifi - and vice versa - just as it should.

1 Message

December 1st, 2017 02:00

Hi there,

I have an XPS13 and I had this problem about a year ago.  Just a couple of weeks ago, a load of system updates were installed on my machine, and annoyingly the problem has returned!  The issue I have is that now when I go into the advanced settings of my dell wireless card there is no power output option anymore!  (so I cant change from 100% to 75%).  I'm sure I'm missing something foolish - can you help?

Thanks

David

63 Posts

December 1st, 2017 05:00

Change out the Dell wifi for an Intel.  I did and never had another issue.

No Events found!