Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 14th, 2011 15:00

Sooooooo Disappointed!!!!

I will NEVER buy another Dell computer EVER again! I have owned 3 Dells...2 laptops and 1 desktop and the last laptop will be the last...I have had NOTHING but problems with my Inspiron 1525. Customer service and tech support lie and don't know what they are talking about and I am sure that they are paid to tell you whatever is wrong with your computer is NOT covered under warranty. They simply say it is a software issue and only hardware is covered or they advise you to reinstall your operating system. I have gone through 3 batteries and no one evr told me there was a recall.  After spending hours and hours on the phone with the tech support team on several occasions, they should have said my computer was a lemon and replaced it. Come to find out, they are all lemons! ANd if you call after your warranty expires, they wont even answer a question! So they avoid you when you have a warranty and wont even speak to you when you don't.

I have 3 children, a husband, 8 siblings and 1000 facebook friends and I will personally make sure that they NEVER buy an overpriced, over rated DELL! Horrible customer service, Horrible technical support (who hardly speak english) and a HORRIBLE COMPUTER and COMPANY!!!!   NEVER AGAIN!!!!

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 14th, 2011 15:00

Instead of ranting nonsense, how about telling us who DOES cover software on a 3+ year old system?  Answer:  no one.

Instead of ranting nonsense, note that the 1525 has NEVER had a battery recall.  Dell did recall millions of batteries years ago - on older systems, not this one.

Instead of ranting nonsense, how about paying for US-based support if you aren't willing to accept offshore support.  It IS available -- as it is with every one else these days - for an extra fee, and on certain models.

So:  as with all these baseless, useless, self-serving, truth-bending rants -- take with a grain of salt.

147 Posts

May 15th, 2011 05:00

Take a big breath and then list the problems that you have with your 1525 and the folks on this board will try & help you.  I have a 3 year old 1525 running WIN 7 pro and have had a few problems but all of them have been resolved.  Just list the technical problems and lets see if we can help you.  Thanks and don't give up on Dell.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 15th, 2011 09:00

Interesting how the aggrieved who stretch the truth - - or, more directly, outright lie -- then resort to personal attacks when they're called on their lies.

This person isn't interested in solving a technical problem - he or she is simply interested in doing whatever it takes to feed his or her self-pity agenda.

31 Posts

May 15th, 2011 09:00

I'll second that, I've had approx 13 Dell Desktops/Laptops for business and personal and the support protocols are diabolical. Phone systems are down, online systems are often broken and communication is pants. In the UK their courier Western Walsh are just as bad. They've gotten increasingly worse over the last 3 years. In my experience they are worse for Personal than business.

However I'm buying a new laptop this week. Why? Quality and Price for me have always been unbeatable. To get support to respond you have to call the shots - be the boss. But that's not always easy if you are inexperienced with PC's and problems.

All the best

Ian 

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

May 15th, 2011 10:00

No, you cannot download Windows.  If you need it in that time frame, you'll have to go buy a retail copy.  If you can wait, you can order one (there IS a charge for this if you're out of warranty)

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dellcare/en/backupcd_form

The instructions for doing a manual install are here:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/detectos?type=force&lx=179256&lv=339949&l7=362048

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

The truth, revealed. 

The problem has nothing to do with the system.  If you want to see the real problem, find the nearest mirror.

4 Posts

I have to replace the hard drive...I am beside myself...I have a PP presentation that is due on Thursday night and I need to do this myself...I am also wondering if I dont have the OS disk , can I download it from a website? I am not so computer savvy but I know enough.

I have sooooo many problems, one after the next...cannot list them all....

Thank you so much for understanding my frustration...

4 Posts

NO thank you...I dont need your advice...have a nice day

2.2K Posts

1.) Was the problem your friend fixed in twenty minutes faulty hardware? If not, it was not a warranty issue.

2.) There was no battery recall in 2009, and batteries are not recalled due to consumer complaints, but rather safety issues. Regardless, the 1525 was never involved iin a battery recall, so I am unsure why you feel they should have contacted you.

3.) Yeah, sometimes the foreign accents can be hard to understand.

Like the other poster said, if you have a current issue you want help with, post your question and someone may likely be able to help you.

2.2K Posts

May 15th, 2011 12:00

Well, here is some advice whether you want it or not...

Waiting for Dell to send you Windows is an option, but also, if you have a friend / acquaintance with a Dell OS reinstall disk of the same operating system, you could borrow it and  use it to restore your machine.

Hope that helps.....

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

May 15th, 2011 12:00

NO thank you...I dont need your advice...have a nice day

Well, there you have it!

You aren't interested in posting your real technical problems so that others can try and help you, but instead you insist on wallowing in your Dell hate.

No Events found!