Laptops General - Read Only

Last reply by 06-15-2011 Unsolved
Start a Discussion
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

Sound card upgrade

hey all,

i have a dell inspiron 1318, windows 7, 32 bit .... i currently have the factory sound card installed and i wanted to upgrade to realtek HD audio .... can this work ???

Replies (8)
2 Bronze
2 Bronze

here is a youtube link of what i want the sound to do ...

however if there is a similar one that can work with dell i would greatly appreciate the recommendation

10 Diamond

You'll need an external, USB sound adapter.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

well i am talking the application not the physical hardware .... realtek software has the option of using parking lot or living room etc effects ....

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

example when u click on the speaker icon and go to enhancement u will see on the factory setting sound card "bass boast, virtual sounds etc...."

however with realtek u will see environment which will give u the option of parking lot sound effect or a living room etc ...

10 Diamond

If you can find a driver to work with the hardware you have - maybe.  More likely you'll need a more advanced sound chip (i.e., hardware).

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

ohhhhh i c

so r u saying that toshibas sound chip is more advanced that dell's own .... bcuz on my toshiba i jus downloaded the realtek app and it works great ....

10 Diamond

Depends on the chip and implementation.  The Inspiron 1318 in question wasn't designed to be full featured -- it was designed to be dirt cheap.

2 Bronze
2 Bronze

oh i c ... coool .... respect

Latest Solutions
Top Contributor