Highlighted
Sebastiaan11
1 Copper

Sound coming from my headphones and speakers simultaniously - Alienware M17x R4

Jump to solution
I have a rather annoying thingy with my laptop. 
When I do something on my laptop where noise is involved ( play games , play music , etc. etc. )
and I have ear plugs / headphones inserted , the sound is coming out of both my speakers and my
headset.
I do not know how long I already have the problem, I discovered it today when I took my
headphones off for a moment. Do any of you know how I can fix this? So that if I insert my headphones , the sound just goes
through the headphones and not through the speakers at the same time.
I Googled for a while now but I cant find a way to solve it. (Im not a PCs / laptops expert) ... I use an Alienware M17x R4 with Windows 10. I have already tried to update the drivers , remove and restart to reset them but nothing
seems to work, PLEASE HELP! ... Thanks in advance.
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

RE: Sound coming from my headphones and speakers simultaniously - Alienware M17x R4

Jump to solution

Hello. Please post your problem again, because half of your text has been chopped off. You might have to type it instead of paste.

Try switching to the Windows native audio driver.

1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).
2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on the Creative Labs Recon driver.
3. Select to "Update Driver Software".
4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.
7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).
8. Click "Next".
9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver).
10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.
[To get back to the Recon driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]

If you only have the symptoms with one of the drivers, then the other is at fault. If you have the same symptoms with both audio drivers, then it is very probably not a driver issue, maybe hardware.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

3 Replies
Jim Coates
6 Gallium

RE: Sound coming from my headphones and speakers simultaniously - Alienware M17x R4

Jump to solution

Hello. Please post your problem again, because half of your text has been chopped off. You might have to type it instead of paste.

Try switching to the Windows native audio driver.

1. Open the Device Manager (find it in the Control Panel, or type devmgmt.msc into the search box).
2. Expand the "Sound, video & game controllers" and right click on the Creative Labs Recon driver.
3. Select to "Update Driver Software".
4. Click on "Browse my computer for driver software".
5. Click "Let me pick from a list of drivers on my computer".
6. Put a check in the box "Show compatible hardware" if not already checked.
7. In the list of devices, click "High Definition Audio" (the native driver).
8. Click "Next".
9. On the Update Driver Warning box, click "Yes" (install the driver).
10. Restart the laptop if prompted. If not prompted, then no need to restart.
[To get back to the Recon driver, do it again but reverse the names in steps 2 and 7.]

If you only have the symptoms with one of the drivers, then the other is at fault. If you have the same symptoms with both audio drivers, then it is very probably not a driver issue, maybe hardware.

Jim Coates -- 15 years on the Dell Laptop Audio boards -- since 2/6/04 

Sebastiaan11
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hello Jimco,

That fixed it for me, thanks!

0 Kudos
Syafeeqo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Thank you so much..been browsing through tutorials on this issue and finally got it fixed thanks to you..

0 Kudos