Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

M

October 19th, 2016 03:00

Sound coming only from headphones. Speakers don't work

Hi I have a Dell Inspiron Q15R model. Recently the sound is coming only from my headphones, speakers don't work. I'm suspecting that I have a failed sense pin. Warranty is over. I have tried various solutions but they were all in vain. Is there a way how I can disable the headphone jack? Thanks for your response

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 19th, 2016 06:00

Is there a way how I can disable the headphone jack?

Hello. All of the workarounds I have heard about are in section 5 of the Headphone Jack FAQ.

I have tried various solutions but they were all in vain.

Did you run the audio tests in the ePSA or PSA diagnostic utility to make sure the speakers are still working?

Inspiron Q15R model

I'm not familiar with that model. I wonder if it is a variation of one of the Inspiron 15R models, which are 552, 5521, 5537, and N5110. I can't find a Q15R on the tech support pages.

Recently

Finally, what is the operating system. If Windows 10, recent "updates" have caused all kinds of audio problems, so it could be related to that.

2 Posts

October 25th, 2016 07:00

Hi Jim thanks for your reply and sorry for replying back late. It is an N5110. I ran the audio tests however I didn't hear any beeps. I have the Windows 10 OS but the problem didn't start when i upgraded the OS. So could this be that the in-built speakers failed?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 25th, 2016 09:00

Yes, if you don't hear anything through the speakers during the ePSA or PSA tests then the speakers have failed or become disconnected. The tests run at the BIOS level and are independent of Windows and other software, so the Windows version does not matter.

No Events found!