Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

April 24th, 2014 12:00

Space bar largely unresponsive (not sensitive enough) on Inspiron 15 3521

My space bar is not sensitive enough.  There are large portions around the edge of the key that don't register an input when I tap the key.  This is unbelievably annoying, as I'm spending a lot of time going back and inserting spaces where they were missed.  What can I do to correct this problem? Thanks.

459 Posts

April 24th, 2014 13:00

HI,

There are no software fixes for this issue, just replace the keyboard and it will work fine again.

2.2K Posts

April 24th, 2014 14:00

Hi Sadge,

If system is in warranty, send me the service tag and name listed on the account in a private message.

If system is not in warranty, contact Expired Warranty Support using the link below:

http://dell.to/1aFZMnT

Thanks & Regards
Manshu S
#iworkfordell

To know more about Dell Product Support, Drivers & Downloads, Order & Dispatch status -> choose your region US CustomersIndia CustomersFor Dell support videos click here.

4 Posts

April 25th, 2014 14:00

Same issue here on Inspiron 15 7537 brand new out of box, hugely frustrating and time consuming correcting errors.

3 Posts

April 27th, 2014 20:00

It seems that many, many people are having trouble with these keyboards.  I'm really very disappointed that Dell would screw up such a basic part of a computer.  The input device (keyboard) is critically important!  I wouldn't have thought that in this age of very stiff competition between manufacturers, that Dell could afford to make many mistakes like this.  It's not like they can't make a decent keyboard.  The keyboard on my old Latitude e6500 was excellent! I miss it.  :emotion-6:  Can anyone recommend any other companies that make a good keyboard?

February 26th, 2015 05:00

Same problem with my Inspiron 15. Bad spacebar right out of the box. I have to be conscious to whack the spacebar hard or I have no spaces between words.

2 Posts

August 2nd, 2016 15:00

this  is  happening to me with a new Ispiron 17 5000 series...any solutions?

No Events found!