Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

S

July 11th, 2017 21:00

Speakers Not Found [Resolved]

Edit: Over night I just shut my laptop and in the morning the speakers were there again. I have no idea what happened. I'll probably send it into the place that provided a warranty to look at it still and fix it's other problems. Sorry for wasting anyone's time.

So about 10mins ago i was watching a show and my audio was working just fine and i went upstairs and dropped my laptop about a half a foot and it landed on my bed and shut itself, when i opened it back up, it had pretty much restarted itself (I think it did anyways, all the tabs i had open were closed but i didn't pull anything else is does when it restarts up)

and so i relaunched chrome and went back to watch my show and noticed the audio was missing. 

I ran a trouble shoot and it said there were no issues with the audio, so I decided to check myself and poof, the speaker system was gone!

There was nothing under the devices, it's like the speakers were gone.

I've tried to see if i just needed to install a new driver since i had updated the laptop earlier in the day. But nothing has worked and i installed all the drivers that needed to be updated  according to 'Driver Easy'

I had googled my problem but all that came up were about installing missing drivers (Or just how to turn volume up)

It's rather frustrating since I need to use my laptop for my music stuff, and my earbuds don't currently work either. 

If I can't fix this problem, with all the problems i've  been having with this laptop i might need to get the warranty active and that'll just be a HUGE pain to reinstall all my stuff. Took me over a year to accumulate all my stuff from my old computer that had died.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 12th, 2017 07:00

Hi. It would be helpful if you were to tell us the full model name of the laptop (ex. Inspiron 3542) and the operating system (ex. Win10).

my earbuds don't currently work either. 

Does that mean that they don't work when plugged into the headphone jack of the laptop, or does it mean that they are broken? If they are broken, try to find a working set of headphones, earbuds, or external speakers, and connect them to the lappy's headphone jack and see if any audio comes through.

July 12th, 2017 07:00

I don't know what type. The laptop doesn't say anywhere on it what model it is.

But the speakers magically started working again this morning when I opened the laptop so I don't know what happened while is was in hibernation but it's working now.

No Events found!