Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 25th, 2017 14:00

Speakers popping on Inspiron 15 7567

Hello,

I've gotten the Inspiron 7567 with i7, 1 TB HDD and 256 GB SSD.

It always make a high pitched popping sound on headphone port, before and after playing the sound. I think it should be Realtek HD Audio power management problem. I uninstall the Realtek Driver and use windows original high definition audio driver which solved this problem. I can not always use Windows original high definition audio driver, because it doesn't support like select the headphone type, Maxxaudio. 

I have tried to use all solution on post: http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3517/t/19658420 but not work, including change the regedit ,install other version Realtek driver , stop auto startup of Maxxaudio.

18 Posts

April 3rd, 2017 04:00

I found the temporary solution.

The main idea is "DO NOT LET THE AUDIO CHIP SLEEP"

For example, keep playing a audio which has no sound. You can use audition to create this mute audio. That is initially solution. :)

The new solution is

1: Enable the Stereo Mix:

Right click on speaker icon ---- Recording Devices ---- Right click the Stereo Mix ---- Enable.

2: Mute the Stereo Mix:

Right click the Stereo Mix in Recording Devices ---- Levels ---- Stereo Mix ---- Click the mute icon

3: Listen to Stereo Mix:

18 Posts

October 7th, 2017 18:00

I finally solved the problem by modify the regedit.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\PowerMgnt is not working because "PowerMgnt" folder is not exist in this version of driver.

However I found another solution by reading the docs.microsoft.com in the following URL:

docs.microsoft.com/.../audio-device-class-inactivity-timer-implementation

It introduces three keys about audio card Idle. Which are

ConservationIdleTime - The idle time-out interval when the system is running in power-conservation mode

PerformanceIdleTime -  The idle time-out interval when the system is running in performance mode

IdlePowerState - The power state that the device will be placed in if the idle time-out period expires

I found them in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\PowerSettings

By default,

ConservationIdleTime is 03 00 00 00

PerformanceIdleTime is 03 00 00 00

IdlePowerState is 03 00 00 00

That's why the audio card go to sleep after the sound.

I modify this three keys to

ConservationIdleTime 1e 00 00 00

PerformanceIdleTime 00 00 00 00

IdlePowerState is 03 00 00 00

Then the noisy sound are gone.

26 Posts

March 26th, 2017 19:00

You can try Audio drive for MSI GE72 instead. I had the same problem with sound like you but the MSI driver seemed to work well.

us.msi.com/.../GE72-APACHE-PRO-7th-Gen-GTX-1050Ti.html 64

4 Posts

March 31st, 2017 10:00

I have exactly the same issue.  Please let me know if you found a solution to this.

18 Posts

April 3rd, 2017 04:00

I trying to contact to dell by mail, but their mail technical support can not give me a useful solution.They ask me to contact their advanced software team by phone. However, It is not convenient for me to chat on phone. I wish someone could help me.

4 Posts

April 3rd, 2017 15:00

Thank you very much for the temporary solution.  

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

April 3rd, 2017 16:00

I am listening to my system using the headphones and music from WMP.  If mine were to be having your problem, would I hear the popping during the music and where exactly?

The way you describe the problem it may not be related to a driver, but as you have shown, that could   help in some circumstances.  Have you installed any third party players?  The Basic Microsoft driver has few sound tweaks so perhaps something the Waves software is putting some component in a problematic state.  Info on what types of sound or file types/bitrates has the most problems or how it is being played, might help.

I had a problem with an external speaker on another system popping after the music ended.  In that case, just opening the recording dialog window from the speaker icon, would keep it from happening.

18 Posts

April 3rd, 2017 17:00

There is no popping during the music. I have clean installed the origin windows 10 and installed nothing relate to audio software but realtek driver.

There is also no popping  whatever the Maxx is open or close.

Why I think it is related to driver is "The popping never happens before driver installed, and I have tested it on Ubuntu 16", there is no popping as well. The popping only happens after driver installed.

Also, some solutions to popping before and after audio is to modify the regedit to disable power management. This version of driver "Realtek Audio" (Not Realtek High Definition Audio) has no key related to power management in regedit. So there is no option to disable power management. Finally, in order to let the card chip working from sleep. I keep it playing a muted sound and find the temperary solution above.

1 Message

July 30th, 2017 16:00

This workaround partially solved my problem. The noise is gone while using windows, but it persist before windows starts.

If I'm using the Realtek driver I hear a background noise when the soundcard goes idle. If I switch to a generic driver I hear the a loud noisy every time it switches between ON and OFF.

August 13th, 2017 09:00

a

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 15th, 2017 16:00

I think it's quite common problem with that model since i've already returned 3 of them because of this. And now sadly I have same issue with next one.

14 Posts

October 15th, 2017 14:00

It still continues !

Please I'm gonna throw this laptop because of this problem. Audio just buzz it or pop it or feels like I'm in front of camp fire.

So far what I found.

Dell Support Assist is doing

ACPI.sys is doing

Wdf0100.sys is doing

HdAuDbus.sys is doing while listening or watching something.

dxgkrnl.sys is doing while working

Also if you take out the charger while listening / watching movie sound gets spiking and laging. If you use Skype and if the person's connection is not perfect this buzz, pop up, cracking whatever you call is all the time happens. So my guess is if you use non stop connection this sound get crazy.

Another also, if you use teamspeak which you need to use all the time audio and mic. This sound is every where like it comes in every 5 seconds.

Everything is up to date. Windows, drivers, bios everything ! I'll get crazy because of this random pop sound PLEASE DELL PLEASE I'm begging fix this problem. This laptop is your gaming and it is really a good one. So please find good drivers and update it ! :(

October 17th, 2017 18:00

I also have that problem :/ Dell tryied to replace the motherboard, the subwoofer, speakers... Even replacing the entire laptop, but that annoying "pop" sound still persists >:(

18 Posts

October 17th, 2017 18:00

Have you tried the solution in Verified Answer?

October 18th, 2017 06:00

Yep, unfortunatelly, didn't work :/

I updated to Windows 10 Fall Creators, seems now to be gone. I'll still be testing.

Also, the key in regedit that introduces this power saving option seem to be no more now.

No Events found!