Not applicable

RE: Speakers popping on Inspiron 15 7567

Jump to solution

I think it's quite common problem with that model since i've already returned 3 of them because of this. And now sadly I have same issue with next one.

MELSunny
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

I finally solved the problem by modify the regedit.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Realtek\Audio\RtkNGUI64\PowerMgnt is not working because "PowerMgnt" folder is not exist in this version of driver.

However I found another solution by reading the docs.microsoft.com in the following URL:

docs.microsoft.com/.../audio-device-class-inactivity-timer-implementation

It introduces three keys about audio card Idle. Which are

ConservationIdleTime - The idle time-out interval when the system is running in power-conservation mode

PerformanceIdleTime -  The idle time-out interval when the system is running in performance mode

IdlePowerState - The power state that the device will be placed in if the idle time-out period expires

I found them in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\PowerSettings

By default,

ConservationIdleTime is 03 00 00 00

PerformanceIdleTime is 03 00 00 00

IdlePowerState is 03 00 00 00

That's why the audio card go to sleep after the sound.

I modify this three keys to

ConservationIdleTime 1e 00 00 00

PerformanceIdleTime 00 00 00 00

IdlePowerState is 03 00 00 00

Then the noisy sound are gone.

lakersbk
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

It still continues !

Please I'm gonna throw this laptop because of this problem. Audio just buzz it or pop it or feels like I'm in front of camp fire.

So far what I found.

Dell Support Assist is doing

ACPI.sys is doing

Wdf0100.sys is doing

HdAuDbus.sys is doing while listening or watching something.

dxgkrnl.sys is doing while working

Also if you take out the charger while listening / watching movie sound gets spiking and laging. If you use Skype and if the person's connection is not perfect this buzz, pop up, cracking whatever you call is all the time happens. So my guess is if you use non stop connection this sound get crazy.

Another also, if you use teamspeak which you need to use all the time audio and mic. This sound is every where like it comes in every 5 seconds.

Everything is up to date. Windows, drivers, bios everything ! I'll get crazy because of this random pop sound PLEASE DELL PLEASE I'm begging fix this problem. This laptop is your gaming and it is really a good one. So please find good drivers and update it ! Smiley Sad

Jump to solution

I also have that problem :/ Dell tryied to replace the motherboard, the subwoofer, speakers... Even replacing the entire laptop, but that annoying "pop" sound still persists Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
MELSunny
1 Nickel

Jump to solution

Have you tried the solution in Verified Answer?

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Yep, unfortunatelly, didn't work :/

I updated to Windows 10 Fall Creators, seems now to be gone. I'll still be testing.

Also, the key in regedit that introduces this power saving option seem to be no more now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
MF126
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Works wonderfully for me. Thank you so much

0 Kudos
MF126
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Check other sub-folders. Mine was found under 0007 not 0000.

0 Kudos
Dietrichxp
1 Copper

Jump to solution

clearly it is a problem of the controller ... it would be good that Dell is put to work on this ... the temporary solution that I made was to deactivate the microphone ... the problem was reduced but sometimes a crr or pick sounds when listening to music. (I could assure you that this happened with one of the last updates of win 10 ... since before it did not happen to me)

0 Kudos