Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2015 22:00

Speakers popping on Inspiron i7559

Hello!

I've gotten the Inspiron i7559 with 1TB HDD a few days ago and everything has been phenomenal except for the speakers, which make a tiny high pitched staticy popping sound whenever I launch some applications like Hearthstone and Skype, as well as some videos on youtube. The speaker otherwise works fine, I don't know what causes it. Is there any possible fix to it? Is it a hardware or a software issue?

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

February 23rd, 2016 05:00

i know that there is a risk to update bios. is it ok?

As long as your battery is fully charged (in case of power failure) and don't disconnect your laptop from power during the upgrade then you should be okay. In the rare case where the upgrade fails and bricks the motherboard, Dell will replace the motherboard as long as the laptop is still under warranty. Even if the laptop is no longer under warranty, Dell will fix it if the upgrade is done on the advice of a Dell employee (but that I don't speak for Dell so what I'm saying is just what I know to have been true in the past in regards to failed BIOS upgrade).

44 Posts

March 4th, 2016 06:00

You can fix the audio popping issue by opening the Dell audio suite from the task bar and clicking advanced and then power management and making sure the slider for the power management auto shutting down audio is set to off.

This worked for me. 

This is what you are looking for....

[

I just got a 7559 earlier this month from the outlet and my Dell Audio Software doesn't have that Power Manager option in the advanced settings.

3 Posts

March 4th, 2016 06:00

If you update the audio driver to the latest from the realtek site it adds this feature for Dell notebooks. Link below.. 

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

13 Posts

March 4th, 2016 08:00

Dont have this optione in Dell audio

About the realtek the link you add here is development partners only and i dont have user password to log in.

3 Posts

March 4th, 2016 08:00

If you do a Google search for "Realtek HD audio driver" and download the latest version for Win 10 64bit. For some reason when I link it dies not allow you to view...

44 Posts

March 4th, 2016 12:00

If you do a Google search for "Realtek HD audio driver" and download the latest version for Win 10 64bit. For some reason when I link it dies not allow you to view...

That worked to get it downloaded. 

Thanks to everyone who's added potential solutions to this thread.

March 4th, 2016 13:00

Try the BIOS update, that's the only thing that worked for me. See my previous posts for more info.

Good luck!

10 Posts

March 4th, 2016 17:00

Today I received my i7559 and I have this "issue" too. I think is a great power saver but I don't like that noise.

I have the latest realtek drivers from Dell support site but I don't have the power management tab on dell audio window.

Do I have to download the latest driver from Realtek site? but the driver from realtek site was released on July 2015, and the Dell audio which is a custom version of realtek one is of November 2015 (a newer one).

Are you sure that installing the one from realtek site don't make you lose the dell audio panel, and is replaced with realtek one?

And the final problem is that I heard that using audio drivers not provided by Dell on a i7559 may cause audio problems...

I'm very confused :D

13 Posts

March 5th, 2016 07:00

Thanks, i think it's solved the problem.

37 Posts

March 13th, 2016 12:00

I don't see this under Dell Audio>Advanced. There is no power management option for me. Please advise.

44 Posts

March 13th, 2016 16:00

I don't see this under Dell Audio>Advanced. There is no power management option for me. Please advise.

I advise you to go back and read the previous posts before yours. The answer has been posted already along with some other tips.

2 Posts

March 14th, 2016 10:00

I cannot download the driver anymore. I installed the latest version of audio driver from Dell 15 serie 7000 page support (i7559) but i still have audio pooping. Does someone can provide or upload the correct version of audio driver that doesn't make pop-noise?

15 Posts

March 16th, 2016 22:00

Noticed the same popping on a new i7559 today as well.   I think the cause of the popping is simply the speakers being overdriven and/or *** "audio enhancement" software.  Probably a combination of both.

I think all 7559's are going to have this issue, so sending it back to Dell is likely a waste of time.   

Here's what I did, that seems to solve it:

1. Turned "Speaker Enhancement" to OFF in the MAXXAUDIO bloatware,

2. decreased the sub woofer volume to around 80%.  

With these changes the popping goes away, in Google Chrome, and everything else.

2 Posts

March 17th, 2016 02:00

Can you put some screenshot in order to see exactly what you have changed? Thank you very much :)

44 Posts

March 18th, 2016 15:00

The drivers from the Realtek site fixed this issue but made the volume level go down a good bit for me at least. There's a new driver to download on Dell's site. It takes away that one option in the 'Advanced' section of the Dell audio controls but the popping isn't going on as of yet after I downloaded it and the audio levels are higher again too. 

www.dell.com/.../drivers

No Events found!