Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 25th, 2015 22:00

Speakers popping on Inspiron i7559

Hello!

I've gotten the Inspiron i7559 with 1TB HDD a few days ago and everything has been phenomenal except for the speakers, which make a tiny high pitched staticy popping sound whenever I launch some applications like Hearthstone and Skype, as well as some videos on youtube. The speaker otherwise works fine, I don't know what causes it. Is there any possible fix to it? Is it a hardware or a software issue?

1 Message

March 18th, 2016 15:00

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue! Have you solved this yet?

13 Posts

March 30th, 2016 05:00

well I've update the bios to 1.1.7, didn't see any difference.

it is seems that the most sound issues and also video issues at 4k resolution is with google chrome and Firefox, with internet explorer it's working well, but *** why do i need to work just with this browser to get good performance.

and also when i connect it with hdmi to the tv and see some streaming video it's not so smooth, very strange to a computer with this specs.

March 30th, 2016 07:00

Are you using your computer unplugged? May be it's switching to power saver mode, so it's not doing as well as it could. Also, may be it is using the i5 integrated graphics adapter instead of the discrete one to pull that 4K video. Make sure you're using the NVidia.

13 Posts

March 30th, 2016 11:00

ok well the power is balanced  tried also with plugged and unplugged, and i've try with nvidia settings and it's the same.

it's I7 integrated and not I5.

with internet explorer its working good.

1 Message

May 3rd, 2016 03:00

Hi, I've found the solution on Dell website Forum in Portuguese.

The issue comes from Dell Data Vault and Dell Data Vault Wizard in Services.

Go to Services, find these two and disable them.

It is also recomended to disable Dell Support Assit automatic updates until the issue is fixed by Dell.

Dell Data Vault and Dell Data Vault Wizard keep sending information minute by minut causing the
laggy sound while a video/youtube is playing.

1 Message

May 27th, 2016 16:00

Thanks for taking time to post this! I just got a 7559 and there was no sound from the audio jack other than the test sound. Followed your steps and it's working now. Your answer saved me a lot of time searching Google! 

13 Posts

May 28th, 2016 02:00

Well i dont have this 2 services because i formated the laptop and didnt install dell services again.and still sometimes there is pop sound.

1 Message

June 4th, 2016 01:00

I did it all. Nothing helps. 

I hear the popping sound especially when I play the "windows feed discovered" sound from the sound menu (Im a win7 fan).

The popping is so awful that my dog bolts out of the room in panic when I play it. and I'm also developing a headache...

BTW I'm using a pretty high-end Bluetooth receiver so the issue is probably not the laptop's speakers or the headphones jack 

What takes dell so long to fix it??

15 Posts

June 22nd, 2016 03:00

I noticed that there are 2 PCIE slots on the motherboard of the XPS 8900. 192.168.l.l

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

June 22nd, 2016 05:00

XPS 8900

Hello. This is the Laptop Audio board. Perhaps your information about the XPS 8900 desktop computer would be helpful on the Desktop Audio board also.

1 Message

July 11th, 2016 18:00

Return it immediately, before your 30-days expires! I purchased the same machine in April and have the same problem. I have been dealing with Dell support for 2-months and was told last Friday that  even though they do not know how to resolve the fix the problem, I cannot return the laptop since I purchased it more than 30-days ago.

1 Message

September 5th, 2016 13:00

This is driving me insane. I have this setup just about bearable, updating the audio driver on windows 10 stops the constant static noise, but it does not completely stop the static/popping when initiating audio. The noise I am having trouble with is coming from the subwoofer.

I've tried Ubuntu, windows 7, windows 10, kali, and its present on all. I believe the drivers/ patches are only covering the static noise when speakers are not in use. I am considering returning this also, unless there's a solution within 2 weeks! Such a shame because the performance everywhere else is great.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

September 6th, 2016 07:00

a solution within 2 weeks

Hello. Are you writing about the Inspiron 7559 model? If so, a summary of ally solutions that have been posted by owners is in the Choppy/Skipping Audio FAQ. If you scroll down, the 7559 section is the first one you come to, after the links.

I am considering returning this also

Smart. If you bought a Dell laptop with an audio issue, you will own the issue after the return period has expired, because Dell will never take ownership of the issue.

15 Posts

September 7th, 2016 11:00

The "subwoofer" pops in this laptop because it's about the size of a nickle and the volume is cranked up all the way by default.  Also the MAXXXAUDIO bloatware that comes pre-installed increases the bass, which further contributes to the popping sound.

Quite simply, the tiny speaker is being over driven, thereby causing the popping sound.  The solution is to turn down the subwoofer volume to about 6 or 7.  Next either disable the MAXXAUDIO enhancements, or play around with them until the popping goes away.

Making these adjustments solved the popping audio on my 7559.

17 Posts

September 8th, 2016 03:00

I set mine (subwoofer level) about 80/100 with latest realtek drivers, the popping sound haven't return for months.

No Events found!