cscott32
2 Bronze

RE: Speakers popping on Inspiron i7559

Jump to solution

I don't see this under Dell Audio>Advanced. There is no power management option for me. Please advise.

0 Kudos
MsGems
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

I don't see this under Dell Audio>Advanced. There is no power management option for me. Please advise.

I advise you to go back and read the previous posts before yours. The answer has been posted already along with some other tips.

0 Kudos
Stizzo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I cannot download the driver anymore. I installed the latest version of audio driver from Dell 15 serie 7000 page support (i7559) but i still have audio pooping. Does someone can provide or upload the correct version of audio driver that doesn't make pop-noise?

0 Kudos
eggbert74
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Noticed the same popping on a new i7559 today as well.   I think the cause of the popping is simply the speakers being overdriven and/or *** "audio enhancement" software.  Probably a combination of both.

I think all 7559's are going to have this issue, so sending it back to Dell is likely a waste of time.   

Here's what I did, that seems to solve it:

1. Turned "Speaker Enhancement" to OFF in the MAXXAUDIO bloatware,

2. decreased the sub woofer volume to around 80%.  

With these changes the popping goes away, in Google Chrome, and everything else.

0 Kudos
Stizzo
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Can you put some screenshot in order to see exactly what you have changed? Thank you very much 🙂

0 Kudos
temp332656303
1 Copper

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing exactly the same issue! Have you solved this yet?

0 Kudos
MsGems
2 Bronze

Jump to solution

The drivers from the Realtek site fixed this issue but made the volume level go down a good bit for me at least. There's a new driver to download on Dell's site. It takes away that one option in the 'Advanced' section of the Dell audio controls but the popping isn't going on as of yet after I downloaded it and the audio levels are higher again too. 

www.dell.com/.../drivers

0 Kudos
nirt
1 Copper

Jump to solution

well I've update the bios to 1.1.7, didn't see any difference.

it is seems that the most sound issues and also video issues at 4k resolution is with google chrome and Firefox, with internet explorer it's working well, but *** why do i need to work just with this browser to get good performance.

and also when i connect it with hdmi to the tv and see some streaming video it's not so smooth, very strange to a computer with this specs.

0 Kudos
guillermoares
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Are you using your computer unplugged? May be it's switching to power saver mode, so it's not doing as well as it could. Also, may be it is using the i5 integrated graphics adapter instead of the discrete one to pull that 4K video. Make sure you're using the NVidia.

nirt
1 Copper

Jump to solution

ok well the power is balanced  tried also with plugged and unplugged, and i've try with nvidia settings and it's the same.

it's I7 integrated and not I5.

with internet explorer its working good.

0 Kudos